Orange SPV M500 - How do you restore MMS and GPRS settings without a hard reset?

Guest turtonnick

Guest turtonnick

Hi Modacoers

I seem to remember reading on this forum once a way to restore settings such as MMS or GPRS etc on the Orange SPV M500 without the need for a hard reset.

Normally, when you hard reset the Orange SPV M500, there is an Orange Startup app that runs and installs all of the settings for GPRS, MMS etc. I think there was a way to kick this application off without needing to perform a hard reset, in effect restoring MMS, GPRS settings etc by running that application from file explorer or something.

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd really appreciate if they could post and let me know.

Many Thanks in advance,

Nick

Guest turtonnick

Sure, you can enter them manually but clicking an app as a one stop restore for all connections/orange settings is a nice lazy way of doing it. I just wish I could remember the name of the app....!

Guest Pondrew

Well, in theory the gprs settings are kept in the extended rom as a cab file. You could unhide the extended rom (apparently using Total Commander although I avoid interfering with my extended rom), locate the cab and run it to install the settings.

NOTE: it may not be this simple or problem free if the cab in question holds more then just data connection settings (extended rom cab files are hidden for reason)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest popeyesfx

The settings for the gprs etc are held in a xml file in one of the cabs, its possible to build a new cab file and store it in non-volatile memory so that when you need to reset just run the cab and soft reset.

Each of the connectons has a different entry point so you will need to know the differnt connections you will need.

i have a cab file ready built but cant seam t attach it using the latest version of explorer

Guest djfuego
The settings for the gprs etc are held in a xml file in one of the cabs, its possible to build a new cab file and store it in non-volatile memory so that when you need to reset just run the cab and soft reset.

Each of the connectons has a different entry point so you will need to know the differnt connections you will need.

i have a cab file ready built but cant seam t attach it using the latest version of explorer

Can't someone make a cab that applies the settings then runs a reboot program for the phone?