How to unlock XV6600 from Verizon network?!

Guest karlux

Guest karlux

Hi,

just bought a PPC 6600 pocket pc, also know as MDA 3, XDA 2s, PDA2K, SX66. It is locked to Verizon USA network. It is CDMA 800/1900.

Can I unlock it to any other CDMA network? Can I use it on CDMA 450mhz?

Guest fluffcat1
Hi,

just bought a PPC 6600 pocket pc, also know as MDA 3, XDA 2s, PDA2K, SX66. It is locked to Verizon USA network. It is CDMA 800/1900.

Can I unlock it to any other CDMA network? Can I use it on CDMA 450mhz?

No. it's not known as the mda 3, xda 2s PDA2k etc etc. They are HTC Blueangels, they are GSM.

You have a HTC Harrier. It is CDMA. Although they look the same the circuitboard is completley different. You may have a camera with a flash also.

You could try to use the blueangel unlocker but AFAIK CDMA don't have sims so there is no reason to unlock - you just give the ESN to your providor and they try to activate it.

Richard

Guest karlux

so does it mean that there is no reason of unlocking it - I can use it with any cdma network provider? Or is it rather impossible to unlock it from Verizon network and use for example in Sprint network?

Thanks fluffcat!

Guest fluffcat1
so does it mean that there is no reason of unlocking it - I can use it with any cdma network provider? Or is it rather impossible to unlock it from Verizon network and use for example in Sprint network?

Thanks fluffcat!

Yep, no reason to unlock - unlocking just lets you insert other types of SIM ( subscriber identification module) that a Harrier doesn't need. If it's on the right band, and the ESN is clear, just give them a call and try to activate it.

You'll find more specifically about the Harrier using google. As it's a North American device us Europeans don't know that much about it TBH. But I do have one :-)

Richard

Guest karlux

Thanks! I guess I have no use of this phone in the Europe. In my country there is only one CDMA operator on 450mhz.

So for sale great condition XV6600 - HTC Blue Angel.

Thanks!