What is up with the memory on my Charmer?

Guest impy78

Guest impy78

For some reason, the main memory on the MDA compact II keeps fluctuating wildly - for instance, first thing this morning it was at 21.4mb, it then when down to 0.002mb in the space of an hour!

I wouldn't mind, but i hadn't installed anything, taken any pictures - NOTHING that would take up memory like that!

Can any one help?

Guest jonajuna

have you been using a lot of the preinstalled software? calendar, options, games, addy book etc?

the main memeory reduces according to how many progs you have open, WM5 doesnt close progs when you hit the X only minimizes them

if you go to start>settings>system>memory>running youll see all the progs that are still open, you can close each seperately or all running

sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs

if it isnt a case of this, have you tried a soft reset? hard reset?

Guest impy78
have you been using a lot of the preinstalled software? calendar, options, games, addy book etc?

the main memeory reduces according to how many progs you have open, WM5 doesnt close progs when you hit the X only minimizes them

if you go to start>settings>system>memory>running youll see all the progs that are still open, you can close each seperately or all running

sorry if this is teaching you to suck eggs

if it isnt a case of this, have you tried a soft reset? hard reset?

Not at all! Just happy to get a reply.

No, when i check with running programmes, the only thing running is Activesynch, which I can't close!