orange backup / restor

Guest colinp

Guest colinp

for years ever since the 1st spv ive been using this and its been great but now i just recived my m600 and i cant find it?

any ideas?

Guest haggisman

Real pig not having it; unsupported on new pocket mobile OS say Orangew CS; not sure if it's that or simply they were disinclined to pay the software licence. Have to use outlook/active sync tho I struggled with my SE 9101i; it struggled with outlook and doesn't allow more than one contact to be transferrd at a time.

Guest Disco Stu

I'm not sure Orange even offer it for Smartphones any more but there have been so many problems with the restore function that I wouldn't worry about it now.

Sprite and Spb both offer good backup software for PPCs that give you better solutions than just ActiveSync though you have to pay of course. :)

Guest Mr_Blonde1971

What about "xbackup"? This is on my M500 and backs up everything to the SD card, then after a hard reset you just restore. It runs a bit slow but has worked every time I have needed it.

Guest colinp

ive decide i dont like the m600, all the things that i loved on the m500 are gone now :)

Post edited per forum rules

Edited by colinp

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djfuego
ive decide i dont like the m600, all the things that i loved on the m500 are gone now :)

Post edited per forum rules

Never had a problem with the orange backup program, probably because I only backed up contacts and pulled them back when I needed them. Orange backup is an app I would really miss on a phone, why? because you can backup without having to plug in or sync.