T-mobile German SDA ROM on a T-mobile UK SDA phone

Guest bb79

Hi guys! I have asked this question in a topic further down the page a few weeks ago, but I'm a bit desperate for an answer. A few months ago I updated my UK T-mobile SDA phone with the latest ROM from T-mobile Germany as I wanted to get WMP10. Trouble is now my back/delete key has taken a funny turn and doesn't work any more (even after a hard reset) and as it's still just about in warranty I was going to send it off for repair. But I have a feeling that putting the new ROM on, even though its from T-mobile albeit Germany not UK, I will have invalidated my warranty and I'll get charged for the repairs. Can anyone confirm or refute this as I need to get it sent off asap.

Cheers!

BB79

Guest whiteflippinjew

I dont think anyone can "confirm" this for you but Im prettey sure if you find a UK rom for your phone, youll be alright. If they see that you have changed the rom because you sent it in like that, then youll have a problem and probably get charged.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ddhytz
But I have a feeling that putting the new ROM on, even though its from T-mobile albeit Germany not UK, I will have invalidated my warranty and I'll get charged for the repairs. Can anyone confirm or refute this as I need to get it sent off asap.

Cheers!

BB79

Why dont you try to flash it using the rom for UK sda