Dopod preps HTC-Breeze-with-video-calling 595 for release

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

The plot thickens...

Taiwanese HTC owned Dopod, the major seller of HTC devices in Asia, is preparing it's Dopod 595 Smartphone for launch... based on the HTC Breeze but WITH video calling!

Details so far with regards to release data / price etc are sketchy, but the shots below are directly from Dopod, and our sources within the company have confirmed that the device WILL ship with dual cameras and video calling enabled.

If the Breeze is a must have for you and you're willing to shoulder the cost of a SIM free device, it looks like the Dopod 595 is the must-have-import. I have to say i'm also liking the overall looks of the device. I've imported the Dopod 585 and 818 Pro in the past, and it was pretty painless... HTC UK even repaired my 585 at one point!

Of course, no word from iMate yet as to whether their Breeze variant (JasSP perhaps?) will sport video calling...

Watch this space for further developments! :)

P

dopod595front.gifdopod595side.gifdopod595back.gif

Guest jm012a9749
I've imported the Dopod 585 and 818 Pro in the past, and it was pretty painless... HTC UK even repaired by 585 at one point!

How d'you go about importing one? i think i sent you a PM about it once upon a time but still..... Can't find anywhere that sells dopods to the uk.

Phil

Guest awarner (MVP)

Interesting as it goes against what other sites claim about HTC dropping the camera due to quality issues. (unless it was HTC the reseller and not the manufacturer)

That's one problem with HTC there are so many different sides to the company that none of them appear to know what the other is doing.

So Dopod added the videocam ---> nice move

Maybe i-mate is adding WLAN ??? ---> would be great !

Actually the lack of WLAN is the only criterion why I do NOT intend to buy myself this model.

It is expensive enough and therefore I do NOT tolerate this lack of WLAN (which was included in the predecessor and worked there perfect)

By the way:

Does anyone happen to know if the layout contains a WLAN chip ? (Probably not)

Does anyone happen to know if there the layout at least was designed with the wiring for WLAN but simply the chip (and the software utilities) was not added ?

(In lutzh's review you can see that the Connection Manager does not offer WLAN as an option.)

Guest Pondrew
Why is it based on the HTC Breeze, I tought it is already changed to HTC MTeoR...

Correct me if i'm wrong :)...

I'm pretty sure the platform is still named the HTC Breeze by the manufacturer HTC. It's the RESELLER HTC that rename it HTC MTeoR in the same way the reseller Orange name it the SPV C700...

Guest fluffcat1
Why is i-mate dragging its heels on this model? Usually it's the first out of the blocks with a HTC device. :)

HTC are now insisting that devices carry the HTC logo and IIRC i-mate are yet to agree to this.

A good article here about the emergence of 'brand' HTC:

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/articles/htc-brand-en.shtml

And there are various rumours / hints from Jim Morrison that i-mate are looking for other manufacturing partners around the t'interweb.

Richard

Guest loki_f
HTC are now insisting that devices carry the HTC logo and IIRC i-mate are yet to agree to this.

A good article here about the emergence of 'brand' HTC:

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/articles/htc-brand-en.shtml

And there are various rumours / hints from Jim Morrison that i-mate are looking for other manufacturing partners around the t'interweb.

Richard

I read this article too a few weeks back, it really is a very interesting read (bar the shady russian to english translation in a few places).

I think the device looks lovely in Silver... although it is one I will never buy...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.