[[ Guide ]] Installing T9 languages on Tornado/Faraday (files included)

Guest Seth Cold

Guest Seth Cold

I got tired to be asking for this and realized that if i had done it before on a Feeler, well that must apply for Tornado also!!

Based on Ronswens tutorial to install t9 on the Typhoon, i've extracted the t9 languages from imate's wwe 2.0.8.0 rom to use it in Tornado/Faraday devices (maybe other devices too, don't really know/tested).

The compressed file contains these languages:

Czech

Dutch

French

German

Greek

Italian

Portuguese

Spanish

Turkish

Thai

Anyone using CHT or NRE roms care to share your languages?? please PM me.

Here's the file:

http://rapidshare.de/files/26231202/t9_tornado.rar.html

or

http://www.laneros.com/attachment.php?atta...mp;d=1153264827

Now here is what you must do:

* Extract t9xxxxldb.dll and t9imeres.dll.0xxx.mui of your language to \Windows on the phone.

* Add appropriate values to [HKLM\T9 Input Method\LDBs] and [HKLM\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages] and restart the phone.

Spanish T9 example:

* Extract T9SpanishLdb.dll and T9ImeRes.Dll040a.mui from t9_tornado.rar to \Windows

* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\LDBs], add string value '040a' with data 'T9SpanishLdb.dll'

* [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\T9 Input Method\MUI\Languages], add '040a' to the list of 'Available', so the data will be '0409,040a' (or whatever your phone uses.. just add the one for the language you're installing)

* Restart the phone.

List of Locale IDs can be found HERE

NOTE: If somehow the libraries don't appear on your t9 after the procedure... you can try using numbers only (i.e. when using spanish, it's: "040a", but you may have to rename it to somewhat else like "0404", in the registry and the archive).

PLease tell me how did it go for you!