Qtek 8500: Clamshell problems

Guest abrand

Guest abrand

Hi,

I heard of several cases with the StrTrk, that there are problems with the Clamshell mechanism. The phone does not open smoothly, cannot be flipped open and the last centimeters have nearly to be forced open. It feels as if the clamshell mechanism already scratches after a day. Do any of you have the same problem?

cya,

Arne

Guest Fredde87

Nope no problems at all. The only problems I have found are that the keys touch the screen and can then make prints on the screen (cirkle from the cirkle pad och lines from the lines between the keys). Also the first 5mm of opening it makes a plastic sound like plastic being pulled apart.

Guest fluffcat1
I heard of several cases with the StrTrk, that there are problems with the Clamshell mechanism.

Nope no problems with mine, where did you hear this?

Richard

Guest PPCPassion

No problems here either. My phone also get the circular imprint as someone else pointed out in the earlier post. I am lovin it :)

Guest abrand
Nope no problems at all. The only problems I have found are that the keys touch the screen and can then make prints on the screen (cirkle from the cirkle pad och lines from the lines between the keys). Also the first 5mm of opening it makes a plastic sound like plastic being pulled apart.

Ups, that sounds like the mistake the Mpx 220 had as well. After a while those imprints were digged into the display.

I heard that problem from several german users, so it may be a production thing, maybe Monday series.

cya,

Arne

Guest Onslow_dk
Ups, that sounds like the mistake the Mpx 220 had as well. After a while those imprints were digged into the display.

I heard that problem from several german users, so it may be a production thing, maybe Monday series.

Cya,

Arne

I hope that's not true!?!? :)

But I have been thinking about finding a little rubber-pad which is just a little bit higher than the existing two pads, so I can get rid of those imprints.

Maybe HTC/QTEK should provide those pads FOR FREE!!! ;)

/Onslow

Guest Onslow_dk
Perhaps an LCD screen protector would help.

AAAAAAHH! Yes of course! I had completely forgotten about those!

Thanx m8! :)

/Onslow

Guest Untouchab1e

I dont have a screen protector, and probably wont get one, but is the Qtek 8500 built so that clapping the phone may actually damage it if you dont do it smoothly? I also get the circular imprint, but thats it really, its easy to wipe clean, but if any other damge occurs, i want to be more carefull..

Guest corkOne

I encountered exactly the problems Arne described. I returned the phone to have it replaced two weeks ago. Nothing received til now.. :)