PDA as carkit?

Guest rdwars

Guest rdwars

Hello there,

I've surfed all over the internet, read like a hundred of pages, but I can't find the solution (if there is).

I own a mobile phone I-Mate SP5m with WM5. And, I own a Mitac Mio P550 with WM5.

Is there software around which makes it possible to let my PDA function as a carkit for my I-Mate?

I know I could use the handsfree function of my phone, but usually it in my pocket or 'flying' somewhere in my car. I don't want to need a 2nd holder, because I'm already having the one for my PDA in front of my window.

So, is there software around that makes it possible to pair my PDA with my phone over bluetooth so I can have a conversation through my PDA? If you know what I mean...

And, my other question... is there software around that when I receive an incoming call, that it displays the number (with or without the name corresponding in the contacts list) on my PDA with bluetooth?

Many thanks in advance!

Guest Laser_iCE

Hmmm... So let me get this right, you want to use your SP5m as a bluetooth headset, so-to-speak? As far as I've seen, this hasn't been done before... Obviously you would need to pair the devices, and then the SP5m would need to identify itself as a headset rather than a phone, however, that's just my theory, as I've never used a BT headset in my life.

-pause-

So I just re-read over the post, and turns out I've got it the wrong way around ... Well, in that case, it would be the same, just swap the devices, however, I'm not quite sure what you want to accomplish?

Guest rdwars
Hmmm... So let me get this right, you want to use your SP5m as a bluetooth headset, so-to-speak? As far as I've seen, this hasn't been done before... Obviously you would need to pair the devices, and then the SP5m would need to identify itself as a headset rather than a phone, however, that's just my theory, as I've never used a BT headset in my life.

-pause-

So I just re-read over the post, and turns out I've got it the wrong way around ... Well, in that case, it would be the same, just swap the devices, however, I'm not quite sure what you want to accomplish?

Yes you're right, but the opposite way. I want to use my PDA as a bluetooth headset.

I've got no clue what program I can use, either an emulator which makes my PDA identify itself as a headset or a program which makes me choose on my phone whether the paired device is a phone or a headset.

If anyone knows something, hit in here please. :)