Activesync bizarre issue!

Guest dwj

Here is something weird. I sync my M600 to the pc with activesync (the latest 4.2 version) and everything works, syncs etc perfectly. Then if I leave it alone for a minute or so the phone starts playing a slide-show of the phone's photo album! I've disconnected, soft-rest, reconnected, etc etc and it does it every time! Has anyone heard of anything like this? Thanks.

Guest jimbouk
Here is something weird. I sync my M600 to the pc with activesync (the latest 4.2 version) and everything works, syncs etc perfectly. Then if I leave it alone for a minute or so the phone starts playing a slide-show of the phone's photo album! I've disconnected, soft-rest, reconnected, etc etc and it does it every time! Has anyone heard of anything like this? Thanks.

Have you got a screensaver app that is set to only work when plugged into mains?

Guest mandt

It's not doing anything wrong!!

Theres a tick box on the phone 'play slideshow when connected to pc and idle for two minutes' (its in the power management settings somewhere but i'm away from my phone at the mo so can't check)

It's not doing anything wrong!!

Theres a tick box on the phone 'play slideshow when connected to pc and idle for two minutes' (its in the power management settings somewhere but i'm away from my phone at the mo so can't check)

Thanks for that Mandt. My fault for not investigating closely enough. Just assumed it was a fault as not been overjoyed with the M600 as an "upgrade" to the M500.

Thanks again; I'll tick the relevant boxes in the menu.

Guest jimbouk

I went from an M500 to an Imate JAMin (Imate's version of the M600) and it is streets ahead of the M500. I can't help but wonder if its Orange's rom that is disappointing you...

I went from an M500 to an Imate JAMin (Imate's version of the M600) and it is streets ahead of the M500. I can't help but wonder if its Orange's rom that is disappointing you...

I know what you mean jimbouk. In theory should be so much better. I like the additional hard keys & wm5 improvements etc its jusy so slow. Could orange content slow it down? Pressing messages for example, you could go and put the kettle on in the time it takes the screen to come up. I have spb pocket plus so all apps are closing & not clogging up memory. Problems with sending duplicate text messages too & orange not v helpful about it:-(