O2 Settings - UK

Guest Liz

Hi all

Just got the qtec 8500 today and there are no Internet/mail/msn setting in it at all. I have found them on the forum, but when I enter them in the phone I just get an error message telling me that the settings *can not be saved*. ;)

Think I must be missing something, or doing some thing in the wrong order...? :)

Any Help?

Thanks....

Liz

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wwaveydave
Hi all

Just got the qtec 8500 today and there are no Internet/mail/msn setting in it at all. I have found them on the forum, but when I enter them in the phone I just get an error message telling me that the settings *can not be saved*. ;)

Think I must be missing something, or doing some thing in the wrong order...? :)

Any Help?

Thanks....

Liz

Are you installing them as a cab file?

If so you'll need to software unlock your device before you can do it.

Are you installing them as a cab file?

No I'm putting them in manually. Everything is working now - except for MMS ;) and THAT I just cant figure, no matter what settings I put in.

If so you'll need to software unlock your device before you can do it.

Not even thought of that yet! :) Still finding my way round the phone (and messing with MMS settings...humnahumnahum..) I'll look in to that next......

Thanks for reply

Liz

Got it sorted yet, Liz???

Big Fat Sad "NO" :(

Have tried everything and all I get is...

(Forgot exact message) but along the lines of

This operation cannot be completed via the current connection. Do you want to close current connection?

Press *yes* and phone tries to download ...

Then...

*failed*

But this will not beat me! I *will* get there.

Not that anyone sends me MMS messages :) (!!) but it just annoys me it wont work ;) :D

Liz

Guest conan_troutman

hi liz I dont own a 8500 Ihave a 8310 and I got my o2 settings working perfectly first can you tell me is it payandgo or contract secondly have you registered for the ability to send MMS messages if not text PICON to

thirdly follow these instructions to set up pic messaging on your phone manually I am presuming by the way that as they are both Qteks the menus will be the same

please also not that if it is payandgo you can not access the internet thats an o2 limitation I am affraid. lastly if it is a contact you have let me know as certian things will need to be changed such as access points and passwords hope this helps

goto start settings connections

hit GPRS menu and select add.

Gprs connection = O2 prepay

Connects to= the internet

Access point = payandgo.o2.co.uk

User name = payandgo

Password = password

Primary DNS =0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS = 0.0.0.0

Ip address =

hit done then hit Proxy menu

proxy connections = O2 Wap GPRS

Connects from = the internet

Connects to = wap network

Proxy (name: port) = 193.113.200.195:9201

Type = wap

User name = o2wap

Password = password.

next in the conections screen that lists

beam

bluetooth

dial up etc etc

hit menu select advanced

internet connection = O2 Wap GPRS

rest = automatic

hit done.

next open MMS messages and select options.

select account options sellect mms

tick all boxes except reject all messages.

number of attempts 3

photo set to original resolution

next hit menu. mmsc settings

and edit the existing setting to.

Name = O2 MMS

MMSC URL = http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

WAP Gateway = 193.113.200.195

Port = 9201

connect via = WAP network

max sending = 250 or 300 k which ever is the larger.

wap version = 1.2

hit done

hit back nit done till your out.

hi liz I dont own a 8500 Ihave a 8310 and I got my o2 settings working perfectly first can you tell me is it payandgo or contract secondly have you registered for the ability to send MMS messages if not text PICON to

Hi

Its on contract - and umm ;) - No I haven't registered for MMS ! That might help.. :)

I just sent the text and got a reply that:

"Your request for Picture Messaging will be processed within the next 48 hours...."

I'll let you know what happens....

Thanks!

Liz

Guest conan_troutman

as I am not on contract or probably never will be thhis is the best i can make of what I feel are the correct settings for contract please compare them to your own first. also if you phone o2 customer services and tell them you have a XDA IQ they will help you manually install the coorect settings in the right place so if the menus are the same you can get set up that way.....

as for not recieving any MMS messages from your friends get them slapped and tell them youo want more sending a funny jpg or gif always brightens peoples day.

goto start settings connections

hit GPRS menu and select add.

GPRS Internet service

Access point: mobile.o2.co.uk

Username: o2web or mobileweb

Password: password

GPRS WAP service

Access point: wap.o2.co.uk

Username: o2wap

hit done then hit Proxy menu

proxy connections = O2 Wap GPRS

Connects from = the internet

Connects to = wap network

Proxy (name: port) = 193.113.200.195:9201

Type = wap

User name = o2wap

Password = password.

next open MMS messages and select options.

select account options sellect mms

tick all boxes except reject all messages.

number of attempts 3

photo set to original resolution

next hit menu. mmsc settings

and edit the existing setting to.

GPRS MMS service

Access Point: wap.o2.co.uk

Username: o2wap

IP address: 193.113.200.195

Mmsc Address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

as I am not on contract or probably never will be thhis is the best i can make of what I feel are the correct settings for contract please compare them to your own first. also if you phone o2 customer services and tell them you have a XDA IQ they will help you manually install the coorect settings in the right place so if the menus are the same you can get set up that way.....

as for not recieving any MMS messages from your friends get them slapped and tell them youo want more sending a funny jpg or gif always brightens peoples day.

Thanks Conan, those are the setting I have so I'm now hoping that when 02 activate MMS I will be up and running....

I'll be sending MMS messages to all and sundry (just for the hell of it) when I get it working! ;) They'd better send some back :D

I'll drop by and let everyone now how I go on asap..... :)

Liz