Need spares for LCD repair - coaxial cable

Guest karlux

Guest karlux

Hi,

my XDA Exec has got a dead screen - took the phone apart and found that the LCD coaxial has snaped.

Now i'm looking for XDA Exec spares - coaxial cable.

Where can I get such spare parts? Should I ask it from the HTC?

Thanks!

Guest fluffcat1

Told you this via eBay but you obviously didn't believe me eh?...

"You won't get one of those as a spare part other than from a broken handset unless you send your device directly to an authorised service centre for repair.

If you have opened your hinge too far and trapped the wires cutting them, it is possible to work out how to reconnect the broken wires in the hinge as I have previously done it myself."

Richard

• 1 month later...
Hi,

my XDA Exec has got a dead screen - took the phone apart and found that the LCD coaxial has snaped.

Now i'm looking for XDA Exec spares - coaxial cable.

Where can I get such spare parts? Should I ask it from the HTC?

Thanks!

Please refer to forum rules on members trading

Edited by Disco Stu

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Aceman75
"You won't get one of those as a spare part other than from a broken handset unless you send your device directly to an authorised service centre for repair."

FYI, I was looking recently for spares for an Orange SPV M5000 (sames a HTC Qtec 9000 and teh O2 XDA Exec) and had no luck from HTC... HOWEVER, I have located an excellent source of spares for HTC and many other devices here:

http://www.apexlaptops.co.uk/

They were able to supply alsorts including the Coaxial Cable for many of these units, for example, it was around

• 2 months later...
Guest Cojones
Told you this via eBay but you obviously didn't believe me eh?...

"You won't get one of those as a spare part other than from a broken handset unless you send your device directly to an authorised service centre for repair.

If you have opened your hinge too far and trapped the wires cutting them, it is possible to work out how to reconnect the broken wires in the hinge as I have previously done it myself."

Richard

Hi, I read in a post you could solder your wires of your qtek 9000 or your htc universal, I had the same problem, my wires has been cut and I want to slder them with a thin cable I have, I have some problem, how do I connect the cables? do you have some pinout connection diagram? is there some order in connecting the cables?

A continuity test shows also some wires are continuous.

Hope you could help me,

Thanks in advance