Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest Dr Who

Let us know how you get on with that. I would put at least one of my handsets onto that Panther deal if the data was peak data. I am a pretty heavy voice user and have a large spend with O so if you can convince them to do it for you I would hope to convince them too!

Guest jimbouk
What annoys me even MORE is nobody within O has a badword CLUE about the M5100! When I mention its a 3G phone, and its surprising they haven't tailored a plan with suitable data allowance, the most common response is 'I dont know anything about that'.

Train your staff in your products, or get a specific call queue for smartphone users!

Maybe if you called it an M3100, they might... :)

(Sorry couldn't resist it)

Guest elhornet

Hah my bad. Either way nobody there I've spoken to know anything about pocket PC or smartphone devices which is induriating.

Your average modaco user has 100x the knowledge of the people who sell the phones we use, how worrying is that!

Guest Dr Who
Your average modaco user has 100x the knowledge of the people who sell the phones we use, how worrying is that!

It is very annoying when you phone up to upgrade to the 3100 and they say, "that phone is not out yet". Yes it is, say I! And then having to explain to them what their tariffs are and what the T&C's mean is frustrating in the extreme. It would seem they can only deal with signing up people to dolphin tariffs with a Nokia phone, anything beyond that does not compute. Or with the unlimited data offer is, "Computer says no".

Guest pd.ryder

More annoying still is when I gently inform them of their gaps in the required knowledge base, they simply refuse to 'escalate' (I think that's the term they use :) ) the problem so I can discuss it with someone who has even a moderate understanding of the issue in hand.

Confusion = "we don't support that..." = "I don't know what the hell I'm on about" = "I'll make something up that might sound good".

CRAP (and that's being polite)

I've had it for years, ever since I got my first MS smartie.

Guest Confucious

Unlike T who phone you back, know what they are talking about and are really helpful.

Orange couldn't care less when I phoned to cancel my 2 contracts with them, they did ask the reason but no response when I said it was because of T's data plans.

Unless you are spending a fortune with them O don't seem to want to know and even when you are they still aren't helpful!

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Right I have more news.

Basically the terms for the offer, which is available in the new and current offers section of CSF, contain BOTH the 40 day limit, and the length of the contract limit!

The CS rep I have been dealing with (who is UBER good), has now emailed the person who wrote the terms, and her supervisor is completely in the loop about the garbage terms!

They believe it cannot be a 40 day limit, as you may as well just add the bundle as normal, and be free to cancel. Also, it wouldnt be called unlimited if it wasnt.

She is awaiting an email back and will call me when she has. (and i firmly believe she WILL ring back, either later tonight or tomorrow).

I'll keep you all posted.

Guest Dr Who

Cheers MarkUK, finally someone at Orange who has a modicum of intelligence about them and decided to look into why this offer is confused. Strange that the online T&C's make no mention of the 40 day limit.

Guest jimbouk

I dont follow the logic - ie there isnt any!

If there is a 40 day offer, then it would be an incentive to get people to sign up to Orange World 10

Same as if they offered a discount or extra minutes for the beginning of a talk time contract?

And if you take advantage of the 40 days unlimited - you must "pay" for the benefit by staying with the bundle for the 12/18 months even when it drops to 10mb

So it makes perfect sense (even if a) the commercial reality is that it would be a sneaky way to get people using loads of data and running up bills and :) the T&C's and staff training are rubbish!

Guest MARKUKCOUK
haha maybe!

27 now, this is awesome for a tier 5 customer like me :)

*** JUST RING 343 ***

Its the upgrades line, but just ask to be transferred to the right dept! You get straight through, or sometimes up to a 5 min wait

Guest jimbouk
*** JUST RING 343 ***

Its the upgrades line, but just ask to be transferred to the right dept! You get straight through, or sometimes up to a 5 min wait

I've been on premier for the last couple of years and enjoyed almost instant phone answering from OCS. I stopped premier six months ago - and still get the speedy response and the person asnwering the phone says "welcome to Orange Premier" - they must have forgotten to remove me - dont tell them though!

Guest elhornet

Attempted to call again, got the same old crap about being very busy. Called again and had a machine tell me the queue was 24 minutes.

This is a joke.

Guest jimbouk
No, just Orange :)

give them a chance guys, they just announced another 900 call centre staff are to be "let go" - all their staff are probably busy in the mandatory staff consultation meetings to see if any of them can prove to management that their jobs are actually needed...

Guest elhornet

Its way easier if you call at 2am.

Another CS person told me unlimited data is totally unlimited, but obviously subject to their fair use policy.

And now the bloody thing is out of stock, and I'm on a list!

Guest Dr Who
Its way easier if you call at 2am.

Another CS person told me unlimited data is totally unlimited, but obviously subject to their fair use policy.

And now the bloody thing is out of stock, and I'm on a list!

As in the Panther unlimited data? But did they say it was peak use as well?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.