Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest rickwookie
I've moved my conttact to P55 for 1400 xnet mins and 250 texts today... made a lot more sense... am waiting for the email/letter to confirm now.

And any data?

AAAAaaaaaaaaarggghhhhh, what do I do???!??!?!?!?!?

My Orange issues: I can get a M3100 and hope the OWU is actually an unlimited 3G/GPRS package that does not expire at the beginning of September or go with T-Mobile where I am guaranteed WnW but may have issues with reception and coverage, which would be a real kicker.

PLEASE ORANGE PULL YOUR THUMB OUT OF YOUR AR$E AND MAKE YOUR LOYAL HIGH PAYING CUSTOMERS HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

-Advice from you lot would be most welcome!

Guest rickwookie
AAAAaaaaaaaaarggghhhhh, what do I do???!??!?!?!?!?

My Orange issues: I can get a M3100 and hope the OWU is actually an unlimited 3G/GPRS package that does not expire at the beginning of September or go with T-Mobile where I am guaranteed WnW but may have issues with reception and coverage, which would be a real kicker.

PLEASE ORANGE PULL YOUR THUMB OUT OF YOUR AR$E AND MAKE YOUR LOYAL HIGH PAYING CUSTOMERS HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!

-Advice from you lot would be most welcome!

Don't you know anyone on T-Mobile who lives near you with whom you could check the signal. You could always get a Vario II and if the signal is rubbish send it back quick.

Guest StGeorge
Don't you know anyone on T-Mobile who lives near you with whom you could check the signal. You could always get a Vario II and if the signal is rubbish send it back quick.

Only a couple but no-one with any 3G turned on!!!

UPDATE

I spoke to a lovely woman (1st time at O!!!!) who was not in retentions, but part of the premiere answering team.

I asked her if I could get the orange world unlimited- she said yes straight away (she was very clued in!). She told me as she wasn't retentions, she could not offer me the m3100 for free. But she said she would call retentions tomorrow and speak to them on my behalf.

Simone, if you ever read this, you are a gem!

So fingers crossed, I will get an m3100 on Panther 45 (1000 xnet mins), 250 txts, free insurance and 8 squid OWU.

Wish me luck boys!

Guest elhornet

My Vario 2 should be delivered tomorrow :D

As for T's 3G coverage, if you live in a villiage what do you expect?

I will post a realistic account of speeds from an inner city dweller soon :D

Guest MARKUKCOUK
As for T's 3G coverage, if you live in a villiage what do you expect?

I will post a realistic account of speeds from an inner city dweller soon :D

Well Orange have a 3G signal here so...... I kinda expect that?

Guest MARKUKCOUK

I've done it! (I think!)

owu.jpg

Notes:

My name has my tariff in so I can seperate the accounts easier online, from my old contract, and my datacard.

Panther Care is I guess refering to the free orange care

Addons:

Orange World Browsing - the unlimited access :D

Panther 3 months email promo - I've heard about this on modaco, but its pointless for me

Panther Direct is the 100 extra minutes you get from ordering online

Text Extra 250 is a text bolt on type thing.

I've also had a note on the account (Which he took a sec to decide how best to word it, then typing it out, read it back to me, and put it on the account, and then gave me his extention number. The note goes along the lines of, if this is not unlimited, i am free to swap it or remove it.

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Nice one! Wheres your video calling promotion though?

I believe the video calling IS the same as the 3g try data pack? Its 60 mins or 1gig of data. This is an assumption.

Now during my call, he was confused at first etc, and did say "we can put a 3g trial on for 3months in place of it if you want"

Of course I said no, but it did make me wonder if you can only have 1 data bundle on at a time. I know Saif on this board, has had the bundle put on, but then removed for no reason - I wonder if this is because he later added the 3g try pack?

I will ring later and find out more, but currently, im 80% happy :D

Having said that.....

On my old contract (which had an upgrade which then got cancelled) I have listed...

250 text bundle

3G Try (2 months)

Orange World Access 4

Video Calling Promotion 30

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

Guest jimbouk

You can only have one data bundle at a time. I had OW25 until next bill, then Try 3G for three months, then have OWU starting then (and they have confirmed that it will qualify despite not starting for another 3 months). This way I saved

Guest MARKUKCOUK
You can only have one data bundle at a time. I had OW25 until next bill, then Try 3G for three months, then have OWU starting then (and they have confirmed that it will qualify despite not starting for another 3 months). This way I saved

Guest Confucious

Mark - is it a coincidence that you got this after saying you were an O fanboy? hehe

Congratulations.

If Orange jus made it clear who could have this bundle in what circumstances it would make peoples lives a lot easier.

Glad you finally got it sorted :D

Jim & Mark,

From what I can recall you can only have one data plan at a time. Hence my being told that I couldn't have the 3G trial put on before the OWU bundle. But I think this was also due to the OWU bundle having to be on the contract for the complete duration. Hence I think that you need to verify that you will get the OWU bundle after your 3 months are up.

I might end up calling them up again regards this extra 2k minutes some people seem to be getting in the 'Best Deal from O' thread at the moment... but to be honest I doubt I will be able to get anything else from them.. I think it is more than luck of the draw and more about what your previous spends and profile looks like... So... I'm relatively happy with what I've got... lets see what happens... might try them later on.

Well done Mark... I'm sure it was worth the hassle... how many handsets did you send back to get it all sorted in the end?

I'll keep you all posted.

S

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Jim & Mark,

From what I can recall you can only have one data plan at a time. Hence my being told that I couldn't have the 3G trial put on before the OWU bundle. But I think this was also due to the OWU bundle having to be on the contract for the complete duration. Hence I think that you need to verify that you will get the OWU bundle after your 3 months are up.

I might end up calling them up again regards this extra 2k minutes some people seem to be getting in the 'Best Deal from O' thread at the moment... but to be honest I doubt I will be able to get anything else from them.. I think it is more than luck of the draw and more about what your previous spends and profile looks like... So... I'm relatively happy with what I've got... lets see what happens... might try them later on.

Well done Mark... I'm sure it was worth the hassle... how many handsets did you send back to get it all sorted in the end?

I'll keep you all posted.

S

In total..

1 x M3100 on Canary 30

1 x M3100 on Upgrade

1 x M3100 on Panther 45 (Sent back having lost faith with Orange, and once cancelled, couldnt keep it, so ordered another exactly the same!)

1 x MDA Compact on T Mobile (to use the sim in my upgrade)

All orange handsets are now sent back, t mobile due when I receive their envelopes etc.

Replaced with one shiny HTC631 M3100 :D

And orange owe me...

Edited by MARKUKCOUK

been thinking about calling them up again... and to be honest... if all is well with what i've got I'm happy... I know one should push for the 'best' deal etc but I really can't be bothered any more... just too much hassle... and I'm happy with the deal I've got to be honest...

there are always going to be some people who manage to get a whole lot more... best of luck to you all....

now I'm certain I'm keeping this thing - time to get a screen protector, microSD card, car mount, etc...

Guest MARKUKCOUK
been thinking about calling them up again... and to be honest... if all is well with what i've got I'm happy... I know one should push for the 'best' deal etc but I really can't be bothered any more... just too much hassle... and I'm happy with the deal I've got to be honest...

there are always going to be some people who manage to get a whole lot more... best of luck to you all....

now I'm certain I'm keeping this thing - time to get a screen protector, microSD card, car mount, etc...

Saif is that on orange or tmobile - we've sent so many messages to each other I'm lost now as to what you went for!

Im very happy with 900 mins.. its too many if im honest, i could do with more texts, but hey ho.

Maybe orange will suddenly convert animal tariffs to a flext style arrangement..... or maybe not :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.