Orange unlimited data?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest elhornet
Wow that was off topic! Please try and stick to the topic in this thread folks, it's already long enough without adding further padding! :D

Ok keeping it on topic, the letter I got with my PAC from O says :

"Also, if you think you may have found a better deal elsewhere, theres our Orange Value Promise. This means we'll offer the Orange equivalent of selected non-promotional tarrifs offered by O2, Vodaphone or T-Mobile."

If that was true I wouldn't have left! :D

After 2 days of phoning O to confirm my upgrade offer, each time being told that the OWU couldn't be added to my deal UNTIL i receive the 3g M3100 (and me explaining back to them that the offer expires on the 1st of Sept, therefore they better add me before the end of offer!), I reached the end of my tether.

I phoned upgrade this afternoon to ask when I could get the phone delivered to me.. the guy was a complete utter muppet. I told him that my upgrade offer comprised of:

35 pounds for 750xnet minutes, free insurance, free handset

8 pounds for OWU

The muppet today in upgrades told me that I couldn't get OWU unless I am on a panther deal. What a load of CRAP!!!! I spent so much time trying to get the offer that was eventually offered to me- only to be told after BEING OFFERED the upgrade deal that I couldn't have it.

I explained that 2 customer services and 1 upgrade rep. said it was ok.. the muppet wasn't having it. Furthermore, he started telling me that he spoke to data people and they informed him that the unlimited data was WAP only and restricted to the Orange world website...

At that point I had enough! They are a bunch of bozos! A bunch of novices! A bunch of fools! They can stick a panther, dolphin and a racoon up their bottoms!

Do you know what I did next???

I went to the nearest T-mobile shop and got myself the Vario II:

flex-t 35 = 900 minutes

WnW = GBP 7.50

insurance = GBP 5.99

Handset = GBP 40

Peace of mind = priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I want is a deal that is no nonsense! Orange were messing me around!

To Orange:

I spend around 170 pounds a month, been a customer since 1998, and you treated me like crap. Good bye. I'm ending my contract with you after I finish posting this message.

Ps. regarding t-mobile coverage- I live in London, so shouldn't be a problem.

Can't fault you really. I won't have a new contract with O until I've rung back and triple checked everthing on mine. I've only struck lucky today, but they're still screwing me for an extra 16 quid a month. I don't know why I'm biting. Time will tell.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Can't fault you really. I won't have a new contract with O until I've rung back and triple checked everthing on mine. I've only struck lucky today, but they're still screwing me for an extra 16 quid a month. I don't know why I'm biting. Time will tell.

because when tmobiles slow network becomes even slower with all the web and walkers, we'll be enjoying GPRS, 3G and maybe HSPDA to its full speed - because we're the only 2 left on the network! :D

because when tmobiles slow network becomes even slower with all the web and walkers, we'll be enjoying GPRS, 3G and maybe HSPDA to its full speed - because we're the only 2 left on the network! :D

All I can say is it better be good or there'll be trouble!!

Guest farmgorgon

AaronW, you might want to check your small print. I was told by OCS a few days ago that the unlimited date option only applies to GPRS data, not to 3G, which is charged on the standard tariff......

Guest AaronW
AaronW, you might want to check your small print. I was told by OCS a few days ago that the unlimited date option only applies to GPRS data, not to 3G, which is charged on the standard tariff......

lol, what use it that?!

3G phone, 2G speeds. :D

Where will I find the small print as I upgraded?

Guest jimbouk

The OCS person did not know what they were talking about. All GPRS/3G data is charged in exactly the same way. If you have a data bundle, the megs can be used for gprs and 3g, if not the price per meg is exactly the same.

Just look at Orange's 3g prices/promos - there are no seperate prices.

Guest unfitguy

I rang orange cs today spoke to a very helpfull chap

You guessed it, he'd never heard of orange doing any unlimited data bundles on ANY plan!, he said if it exsisted he would know about it

Well hung up there and then Orange CS is a complete waste of time

Guest andyfitter

I upgraded today through retentions, and the phone was answered after just a couple of rings. Initially the bloke I spoke to hadn't heard of Orange World Unlimited, but promised to investigate. After about 5 minutes on hold he came back to tell me a number of things that reinforce what has been said on here before.

- It's only available if you upgrade to a Panther tariff.

- It's only available until Sept 1st.

- It's unlimited, i.e. not off-peak only.

- It's

Edited by andyfitter

Guest Shaunfarris

So,, after reading all of this we don't appear to be any wiser as to what exactly Orange are offering, seems to be a case of how they feel at the time you phone.

But what I wanna know is I'm not due an upgrade for months yet, so has anyone managed to get the Orange World Unlimted added to their account WITHOUT doing an upgrade.

Guest spacerace
So,, after reading all of this we don't appear to be any wiser as to what exactly Orange are offering, seems to be a case of how they feel at the time you phone.

But what I wanna know is I'm not due an upgrade for months yet, so has anyone managed to get the Orange World Unlimted added to their account WITHOUT doing an upgrade.

I tried this about a week ago and could have had it added (without an upgrade) except that I am technically not a 3G customer - which you have to be.

They wouldn't make me a 3G customer as I don't have a 3G handset, even though I said I could get one. You have to _become_ a 3G customer via their system issuing you a 3G handset. I only recently had an upgrade so wasn't going to pay silly money to get another one right now.

So in summary, although I didn't quite manage it, yes I'm sure you can have this added on without upgrading as long as you are on a qualifying tariff.

Guest eaglesrest

Hi,

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for

I spoke with Retentions today about the deal they offered me including an upgrade to the M3100 which arrived today. I asked if I could have the Orange World Unlimited Bundle at

Edited by Zahid

Guest spacerace
OWU is not only available to 3G! It is also available to GPRS users.

Try 3G is the only thing that is limited to 3g.

Interesting, I was told it was only for 3G users. I will ring CS back.

Guest fluffcat1
Interesting, I was told it was only for 3G users. I will ring CS back.

I've just pointed my latest retentions rep to their own terms page: http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/ after the first one denied all knowledge of it....

seems it is 3g only?

The STILL don't believe me it exists!

Grrrrrr....

Richard

edit - 20 mins on hold to be told it still doesn't exist and the CS / retentions reps can't see external internet sites......goodbye orange, hello (again) t-mob?....

Supervisor 'Noel' is going to look into it and call me back. Why is this like pulling my teeth out with rusty pliers?....

Edited by fluffcat1

Guest mountee

Just a little update...left Orange now (been with them 10+ years) because over the confusion of data and that I can't use my laptop with Orange.

I see little point to 3g to a phone if you can't use it for laptop aswell when you want to,

Gone to T-Mobile and it's awesome.

Customer services for business are 3 rings (15 seconds) I got three Vario II's and their 3g/HSDPA rocks!

I've never been happier with my mobile server and the transfer process was easy with zero down time for my lines.

I can't recommened it more. Sorry for the t-mobile plug, I never thought I would be, having recommended orange for years, but they've really really lost the plot.

Guest spacerace
I've just pointed my latest retentions rep to their own terms page: http://www1.orange.co.uk/ow1/ after the first one denied all knowledge of it....

seems it is 3g only?

The STILL don't believe me it exists!

Grrrrrr....

Richard

edit - 20 mins on hold to be told it still doesn't exist and the CS / retentions reps can't see external internet sites......goodbye orange, hello (again) t-mob?....

Supervisor 'Noel' is going to look into it and call me back. Why is this like pulling my teeth out with rusty pliers?....

ok I rang OCS this afternoon and HAVE got the Orange World Unlimited added to my account, without upgrading and without having my account classified as 3G.

the guy I spoke to hadn't heard of it, but I just kept saying "look in your new offers section" and he eventually found it. glad I've got it sorted as the offer ends tomorrow ! he confirmed I should see it as a bundle on my online account and that it was active "now". I'm going to wait until midnight before I up the sync frequency on AS and browse lots of sites...

Guest spacerace
Hi,

Can anyone who has actually got Orange World unlimited confirm how it appears online when viewing your account bundles?

I have had a battle with OCS trying to get this, and as I am within my 14 day new customer period was going to walk, to web and walk.

They finally said they were going to add it (for

^^ Thanks Jim, at least for recognising the fact! :D :D

As for without upgrade, I'd guess your chances are fairly slim!

It seems pretty slim even WITH an upgrade. Even then you've got to play the OCS lottery. Keep phoning them and having the same conversation until you hit the JP (that's Jackpot to you lot). Boring, but, at this stage, unfortunately necessary. Play the T&C web page card if you like, it worked for me. The woman who eventually signed me up for it (I'll be waiting another 8 days yet for it to appear on my account sadly) had never heard of it but she was well chuffed when I informed her and she sorted it out, cos it meant she would get more conversions (and therefore extra bonus).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.