Dopod S300 / HTC - playin with The registry :D

Guest jefflrib

Guest jefflrib

Hi !

One of my hobbies is to dig the registry looking for some new changes on my smartphone and yesterday I found out some good ones:

1) How to enable the frame rate display on the camera software screen (it will appear next to the zoom indicator:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Camera/common/Enable frame (value) - change it to 1

2) How to include 2 more capture modes - Panorama and Burst:

HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Camera/P6/Enable (value) - change it to 1

HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/Camera/P8/Enable (value) - change it to 1

Soft reset and you will have panorama and burst on the menu. You can take pictures on this 2 modes but I couldn

post-100959-1154196073_thumb.png

post-100959-1154196097_thumb.png

Guest Fredde87

the panorama mode is suppost to take two pictures and combine them into one (to get a really wide picture). The burst mode is suppost to be used to just take as many pictures as possible at once (increase the likelyhood of capturing that one moment you are after).

Nice finds.

Guest paholman
the panorama mode is suppost to take two pictures and combine them into one (to get a really wide picture). The burst mode is suppost to be used to just take as many pictures as possible at once (increase the likelyhood of capturing that one moment you are after).

Nice finds.

I tried the above two values, and yes, they do appear as new capture modes, but they don't appear to save the pictures once they're taken.

Do your photos save on Panoramic Jefflrib?

Panorama mode looks like it could be a great feature, as listed in a review of SPV M5000 . Click here to see the review.

It enables you to take a series of photos, varying on the settings, the left part of the photo is overlayed onto the next shot and the result is a nice wide shot. Shame it doesn't work. There must be further amendments required in order for this to work properly.

Also noticed that Burst doesn't work at all, and since these changes, Sports also doesn't appear to work, which did work before these tweaks.

I'd love to be able to use Panorama mode, please keep digging Jefflrib and keep up the good work

Edited by paholman

Guest jefflrib
I tried the above two values, and yes, they do appear as new capture modes, but they don't appear to save the pictures once they're taken.

Do your photos save on Panoramic Jefflrib?

Panorama mode looks like it could be a great feature, as listed in a review of SPV M5000 . Click here to see the review.

It enables you to take a series of photos, varying on the settings, the left part of the photo is overlayed onto the next shot and the result is a nice wide shot. Shame it doesn't work. There must be further amendments required in order for this to work properly.

Also noticed that Burst doesn't work at all, and since these changes, Sports also doesn't appear to work, which did work before these tweaks.

I'd love to be able to use Panorama mode, please keep digging Jefflrib and keep up the good work

Hi ! Both options only allowed me to take regular pictures even the burst mode maybe some other registry tweak is needed. I also discovered that the only way to the sports options to work is when you save the pictures in the main memory. If you select the storage card it only take one picture instead of 3 or 5 at same time.

After the tweaks the option sports still worked in my phone.

Jeff

Guest paholman
Hi ! Both options only allowed me to take regular pictures even the burst mode maybe some other registry tweak is needed. I also discovered that the only way to the sports options to work is when you save the pictures in the main memory. If you select the storage card it only take one picture instead of 3 or 5 at same time.

After the tweaks the option sports still worked in my phone.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Sports mode works fine on my phone when saving to storage card, and taking 3 or 5 in rapid succession.

After the tweak, when I select Sports or Burst, it didn't change the capture mode, and remained at it's previous mode, which in my case was "photo". I couldn't even take any photos in Burst or Sports.