40mb program memory for the prophet?

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Guest natalie1981_cutie

I've read in somewhere in other forums that when you perform a softreset after a hardreset, you can get 40mb of program memory. Is this possible? I've tried performing a hardreset then softreset before installation of the cab files but my program memory stays at 25mb. I've already deleted my extension rom cab files but I can never get pass the 25mb of program memory.

Could someone please, please, please point me to the instructions in this forum on how I can have achieve a program memory that's greater than 25mb? I've really tried searching but I don't know if I'm just really bad at it or I'm just using the wrong keywords but I couldn't find anything that would answer my question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need a lot of program memory since every time I use Opera Browser and there are a lot of tabs open, my dopod818pro hangs. I think I'm actually regretting trading my Xda mini for the prophet. :)

Guest chucky.egg

You can't make the Program Memory that high AFAIK, the Soft Reset trick just increases your Storage Memory (by not installing the manufacturer and operator stuff)

With WM5 you no longer have the "slider" that you used to be able to adjust Storage/Program memory ratios.

The ony way I know of to increase Program Memory is to close (not Minimize) apps when you no longer need them.

Search for Smartskey, it's freeware

Guest natalie1981_cutie

Dang! That sucks! So is this the same for all wm5 mobile devices? You can't change the program memory in all of them? I always close my programs using vbar. The problem is Opera browser just takes up too much memory whenever I open another window. wish somebody would figure out how to increase that stupid memory. Anyways, thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...
Guest KoolPal

Hi,

This is not quite true.

I just bought a new imate JAMin (prophet as per HTC)

I learnt this hack when I had a magician earlier.

As soon as you hard-reset the device and the welcome screen is clear. There will be a prompt saying xyz will happen in 3 seconds.

At this point soft -reset again.

None of the applications from the extended rom will install and you will have a clean ROM install only.

See my memory screenshot below. I have 44.01 MB in Program.

post-208457-1159706786_thumb.gif

Guest dannyoneill

Program memory will always be 44.01mb for everyone. Thats just how much RAM the thing has, this is a hardware thing, install 1 or a million things, program memory will remain the same.

By reseting when doing a hard reset will give you more Storage memory but thats it. It just doesnt install all the operator stuff like backgammon, skype but also doesnt install the vital driver updates.

The best thing to do if you want to free up storage is to delete the programs you dont want to install from teh extended rom. For me I removed backgammon, Antivirus and some other small things but left all the other important things.

The reset trick is also rumoured to speed things up but it does this by simply not installing the antivirus which you can remove anyway.

Guest dannyoneill

because unlike older devices it has RAM and ROM.

In older devices it was all RAM which is why it needed power. In WM5 devices it has RAM to run programs and ROM for storage. ROM just isnt fast enough to work as RAM.