Windows Vista - Windows Mobile Device Center

Guest ScottS

Guest ScottS

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to a problem which is really bugging me on Windows Vista. Every time I connect my SPV C550, I get the error: "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process has stopped working.". This prevents me from syncing my device, or opening it to transfer files. In fact I can't do anything with it at the moment.

Anyone know a workaround for this? It happens on both my Windows Vista machines, and both are showing up-to-date on Windows Update.

Scott.

post-142990-1154361255_thumb.jpg

Guest furby
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to a problem which is really bugging me on Windows Vista. Every time I connect my SPV C550, I get the error: "Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process has stopped working.". This prevents me from syncing my device, or opening it to transfer files. In fact I can't do anything with it at the moment.

Anyone know a workaround for this? It happens on both my Windows Vista machines, and both are showing up-to-date on Windows Update.

Scott.

Are you using the x86 or x64 vista? And which build

Edited by furby

Guest furby

There was a fix on newsgroups for the current build to sync properly maybe it might help. I don't have access on this machine. Will post it back later, sorry about the wait

Guest furby

Ok getting around to posting this. Might be useful for other Vista users also.

With your WinMobile device not attached to the PC;

Go to rarlabs.com, download and install winrar.

Download the file here.

Once downloaded, right click on the file and choose Extract

here. Winrar will fore up, and you'll have a new icon on the page.

Double click on the icon. WMDC will load up. When done, reboot.

Once back from the reboot, plug in your winmobile device. You'll see the

'driver loading notifications as your device is ID'd by Vista, and

eventually you'll see the green WMDC splash screen fire up. (If you don't,

once you get the 'drivers are all loaded' messege, unplug and then replug

in your device.)

At this point, you should see the usual 'setup your device' screen.

Mostly direct quote from another thread. Let me know if it works

Guest ThE_WiZ

Hi!

I have also installed Windows Vista Beta 2 build 5384, but have the Ultimate version. In this version I cannot find the Windows Mobile screen that you have in the screenshot! Where is it? I do have the sync center...

Hope you can help,

regards,

Roland.

Hi All,

Scott.

Guest randomelements

There are various issues with the Mobile Mobile Device Center.

The issue you are getting doesn't occur in the later builds but the way things operate have been changed. While you no longer get the error when WMDC opens, the required software to set up most mobile devices to fully synch is not present on Windows Update/ You will therefore not be able to set up synching with Outlook yet anyway.

Perhaps this will change with the RC1 release (or whatever they decide to call it this month).

Colin.

Randomelements

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cjlargear

I've also got Windows Vista Beta 2 (Build 5384) but when I try to install the extracted msi package I get this wierd error about administrator setting policies. I am the only user in my machine and of course I have administrator privileges. It is really frustrating not to know how to solve this. Does anybody outhere knows how can I overcome this warning and install the package?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got problems with the synccenter as well - but in pre-RC1. I can see the device in the Mobile Device center, but i'm unable to establish a partnership, allthough all drivers seem to be loaded correctly. My device is a QTEK 8310.

Anybody else got problems like that?

Guest phillim
I am syncing my M3100 fine with Vista Beta 2 - mail, calendar and contacts with my exchange server, tasks and media with the pc.

Jimbouk

Have M$ made it possible to sync multiple outlook folders and/or sub-folders using Vista and WMDC?

TIA

Mark