CoPilot Live - Announcement Delay

Guest MystefiedMartin

Guest MystefiedMartin

I've just had a hands free kit installed in my car to use with an MDA and CoPilot Live. It all seems to work OK except that the direction announcements miss the first second or two (i.e. the bit that says 'In 2 miles', 'In 1 mile' etc.). I presume this is because it's not muting the radio/CD quick enough.

I've tried adjusting the time in settings>guidance under the option of when to give directions (2 miles, 1 Mile, 200 yds, now etc.) but this doesn't seem to make any difference, and anyway I'm not sure what this relates to as it doesn't have a description on screen.

A small problem but fairly major, 'cos I don't know whether to turn left now or in 2 miles - other than by looking at the screen, which rather defeats the object of it!

Does anybody know if its possible to fix this somehow?

Guest Samsonite

if the instructions are coming thru correctly when not going thru the car kit, i would say you dont have much chance of sorting this one.

The Nokia CK7-W carkit in my Honda switches the radio off completely whenever the phone sends a sound out whether its an actual call or a beep telling me a text has arrived etc etc... for the very short audio notifications, all i actually get is a brief moment of silence cos the sound is too quick.

The only thing i would say is that i use Co-Pilot and find the voice instructions aren't the best and therefore dont pipe them thru the car. I get told to turn right on Motorways as well as 'Just ahead, bear left' just as the junction i need is all hatched lines and disappearing behind me at 71mph (honest, officer :) )

i only trust the maps on CoPilot, 'specially if it's the woman giving me instructions.....