I got one!

Guest Syphon Filter

Guest darrellr
ok...

run into a real issue this evening. The touchscreen has gpne out of alignment a couple of times....in fact it has just done it again now. I can re-calibrate it but it will go again shortly.

this is highly annoying!

When that happened on the old iPaqs it meant the screen was (rapidly) on its way out.

Guest demusss

How does the wifi work?

Does it automatically connect when you come in range of your wireless network, so that if you start browsing or using IM it will use the network connection instead of 3G?

Is it possible to have multiple wireless connections like home and work and it will automatically connect to each one?

Thanks

Its due on Orange within 2 weeks. Orange love to test the phone on their network and then test it over and over again just to make sure.

Orange test the devices? That's a first! :)

PS the physical sim doesn't need to be a specific type for it to work with 3G it's all set at network level

This isn't the case with Orange - you have to have a 3G specific SIM. I had lots of fun getting Orange to replace my sim when I first got my M5000!

Guest Syphon Filter
When that happened on the old iPaqs it meant the screen was (rapidly) on its way out.

i'll keep a close eye on it.

How does the wifi work?

Does it automatically connect when you come in range of your wireless network, so that if you start browsing or using IM it will use the network connection instead of 3G?

Is it possible to have multiple wireless connections like home and work and it will automatically connect to each one?

Thanks

I disconnect the 3g if I want it to use wifi. (this is via comm manager).

yes you can setup multiple wifi networks.

yes it does detect then prompt you if a network is in range. not had any problems with wifi at all so far.

Guest Syphon Filter

I've been using the device this morning cor posting here and a few emails etc. the screen seems fine for the moment...not had any problems today.

does anyone think that have a screen protector on it could be causing a problem?

I'll be mighty annoyed if the screen on my new toy is knackered!!

Guest bronksy

well a while ago i had an issue with a screen protector.. if it is tucked under the edge of the screen it can press on a certain spot, and it confuses the screen alignment.. I'd say that befor eyou panic.. it may be a good idea to check that

Guest Syphon Filter
well a while ago i had an issue with a screen protector.. if it is tucked under the edge of the screen it can press on a certain spot, and it confuses the screen alignment.. I'd say that befor eyou panic.. it may be a good idea to check that

ok, so I need to remove the protector. problem is that's it is a VERY close fit, I don't think I can remove it easily. I certainly can't get a finger to the edge of it ...I would have to use a tool of some kind...any suggestions?

on the up side things seem ok today. the screen is still working as it should.

Guest sleepyhead
ok, so I need to remove the protector. problem is that's it is a VERY close fit, I don't think I can remove it easily. I certainly can't get a finger to the edge of it ...I would have to use a tool of some kind...any suggestions?

on the up side things seem ok today. the screen is still working as it should.

Try using a little bit of sticky tape in the corner and lift the screen protector gently off.

On the screen issue I've seen a few posts about this over at the xda-developers forum with the Voda version of the TyTN (v1605).

It would seem to be a firmware issue although one person has claimed the following stopped the problem occuring again:

Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC

Uncheck the box

Align the screen and then softreset.

Looking at getting a TyTN myself next week so hopefully this issue is resolved quickly if its a firmware problem.

ok...

run into a real issue this evening. The touchscreen has gpne out of alignment a couple of times....in fact it has just done it again now. I can re-calibrate it but it will go again shortly.

this is highly annoying!

I've had this problem for a few months with my K-Jam. Some days it works perfectly well another I have to realign every time I use it. One thing I did find was that I was getting dust and crud round the edges of the screen, this was contributing to the problem.

Guest bronksy
Syphon: i'd recommend watermarking ALL your images before someone steals them for a fake eBay auction

Yeah, I once had a picture of my testicles online and a week later.. would you believe it.. they were sold for 12.99. :)

Guest sporkguy
Yeah, I once had a picture of my testicles online and a week later.. would you believe it.. they were sold for 12.99. ;)

:D

I tried to sell my ex-gf and didnt get anywhere near as much! :)

while we're in silly-mode, this made me chuckle: ebay_box_sale (Warning not suitable for children! ;) )

Ok, we're getting a bit off topic here, but I did like the box sale :)

Any comments on battery life now you've had the phone a couple of days, appreciate you have been playing with it almost constantly!

Guest Syphon Filter
Syphon: i'd recommend watermarking ALL your images before someone steals them for a fake eBay auction

meh, does it matter? It didnt even occur to me until I saw your post??

Guest Syphon Filter
Try using a little bit of sticky tape in the corner and lift the screen protector gently off.

On the screen issue I've seen a few posts about this over at the xda-developers forum with the Voda version of the TyTN (v1605).

It would seem to be a firmware issue although one person has claimed the following stopped the problem occuring again:

Looking at getting a TyTN myself next week so hopefully this issue is resolved quickly if its a firmware problem.

Thanks, I will take a look over there and see what they have uncovered.

I've had this problem for a few months with my K-Jam. Some days it works perfectly well another I have to realign every time I use it. One thing I did find was that I was getting dust and crud round the edges of the screen, this was contributing to the problem.

How did you resolve the problem?

Any comments on battery life now you've had the phone a couple of days, appreciate you have been playing with it almost constantly!

I have indeed been playing with it a lot. BUT the battery life seems a bit weak to be honest. Just between leaving home and arriving to work I had lost 2 bars on the SPB PocketPlus monitor.

Since I have had it I have had to charge it every night too.

This could be an artifact of me playing with it as you say, but with it having a phone/PDA/internet access all-in-one device obviously I am going to use it. Whether it be for email, making calls or browsing!!

How did you resolve the problem?

First of all I did away with the screen protector. The one I had was a naff one anyway. Then I just make sure that I keep the screen as clean as possible. The K-Jam is quite scratch resistant. Also make sure you dont get any dirt trapped around the edge of the screen between the case and the screen.

Guest Syphon Filter

well, I called htc again. the alignment thing is something they have had a few calls about...they don't know what the issue is and they cannot ge their test devices to do it. also they told me they have had it happen on other devices such as the wozard and magician...but it only affects some devices and not others (its not very repeatable/recreatable).

so they know about but idea what causes it or what fixes it. though they mentioned they had heard of the fix mentioned above.

Guest chrissyboy6969

A few people over on xda-developers are reporting same problem and most report success trying this

Try the following procedure, it might help

Uncheck the box

See if that works

Guest Fleabag
Five hundred bucks :)

It's what they cost! I paid 400 for an S200 not long ago.

The 3G is nice, but not as fast as i thought it would be. I might have to upgrade to the HSDPA service when T-Mobile roll that out.

It's already available. ;) Give them a call and ask them to add the feature to your account (I think you mentioned you already have WNW in another thread) and you're set to go.

Guest Syphon Filter
A few people over on xda-developers are reporting same problem and most report success trying this

Try the following procedure, it might help

Uncheck the box

See if that works

Yeah that was posted above and that was the fix i was referring to when I said HTC had heard of it.

I havnt had the problem yet today so I am going to leave it. If it happens again I will change that setting and see if it helps.

As always, having a new a new device will always have its issues, it's something that you have to put up with as an early adopter.

Guest chrissyboy6969
Yeah that was posted above and that was the fix i was referring to when I said HTC had heard of it.

I havnt had the problem yet today so I am going to leave it. If it happens again I will change that setting and see if it helps.

As always, having a new a new device will always have its issues, it's something that you have to put up with as an early adopter.

Sorry didnt see that post, hope you get it sorted, i am sure a rom update will resolve most of the minor issues we are having,

I am after a case do you think the k-jam cases will be ok for the Tytn