File transfer and ActiveSync problems

Guest perfect-element

Guest perfect-element

I`m having trouble transferring anything larger than 10mb from my PC to my qtek s200. The connection fails, and the file ends up corrupt. And all of a sudden, activesync won`t work anymore.

It`s telling me that theres "another device with the same name as mine" and that i have to "rename" my device. But even if i do that it still bitches about some "files not being able to syncronize", and it ultimately fails. What`s happened? Why can`t i transfer my DVDs to my ppc? Why did i buy that 4gb SD card? :)

Guest janp92

ActiveSync tries to convert certain files to a PPC version is it possible that its doing that or is with all types of files? If you want to disable the conversion settings and see if that makes a difference then you can find it on ActiveSync. Go to Tools ----> Advanced Tools -----> Edit File Conversion Settings.

Guest Prosody
If you can't get it to work, Download WM5torage from http://www.modaco.com/WM5torage-t238545.html which lets you use the card in your phone as a USB drive. Always been reliable for me

WM5torage has proved invaluable to me, wether its for listening to my music on work computers or just so I dont have to use Active Sync to transfer some files. Definately worth a try. :)