First HTC Excalibur pictures leak

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
htcexcalibur.gif

Smartphone Thoughts have posted first pictures of the forthcoming Motorola Q and Samsung i320 challenger, the HTC Excalibur.

Pictured here, the less-than-pretty Excalibur one-up's the aforementioned devices with WiFi included, and an innovative 'jog strip', which can be used to scroll up and down.

Packing Quad Band radio and AKU3, this preproduction picture gives an idea of what to expect, although sources indicate this is a far from final picture and the device is not due to ship for a while yet. Will the device be trumped by the Samsung i320 successor - the blackjack - even before it's launched?

What of the rumoured UMTS Motorola Q for Europe?

Interesting times for landscape QVGA Smartphones, that's for sure! :)

P

Guest danwatson1974

It's an abomination :)

Well, perhaps not that bad, but pretty uninspiring stuff.

It's a shame that HTC are bothering to imitate the Blackberry when their devices are so much better, and now have the one thing that used to make the Blackberry useful - i.e. push email facility.

Wouldn't be very upset if it didn't make it to the UK ... although I too am intrigued by the 'jog strip' ;)

Guest nausea

All these blackberry clones are pretty much the same.

I would go with the IPAQ HW6515 or the newer model when it comes out. I dont think any of the other devices have GPS on them. Its one difference.

Guest djfuego

EEEeeeeekk a blackberry

Get it away froim meeeeeeee

Eeeehh

I hope you enjoy the new style toilet paper 'cause that's all I'd be using this device for.

Q for Quap

Guest nickcornaglia

You guys are crazy. This isnt that bad looking. I think when you hold one, you'll think differently. The photo shows it shaped like a BB....but it's much smaller

Guest nevawlkalone

Its grim looking to say the least

Am liking the idea of a jog strip tho...love the jog wheel on the blackberry so this could/should be an improvement and the way forward....definately good on laptop mouse pads...

Ok, engadget have a blurry pic of this device in someones hand...somewhere out there people are testing this phone!

I wonder how quickly they will roll this out?

Guest Loukas

Coming originally from the Treo 600 which is now old technology, going to the K-Jam which I found painfully slow at times, and being currently with Nokia's excellent but somewhat large (wide) E61.... I CAN'T WAIT for this to come out!

The keyboard form-factor is a big plus for me, after trying I'll never go back to anything else. Very convenient for data input, such as emailing, calendar and task entries. But I also something quite slim and "small" that will fit in my pocket, which either of the K-Jam or Nokia E61 aren't...

Looking forward to having this or the new Samsung i320 in my hands. I only hope they are quite robust in their day-to-day use, and not slow like the K-Jam! :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.