Eten (slightly) ramp up G500 specs for G500+ release

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Remember how Eten bumped up the memory on the M600, installed the latest AKU and called in the M600+? Well they're at it again, with their release of the G500+, a minor revision of their GPS enabled Pocket PC.

In their own words...

g500plus.jpg

E-TEN G500+

The G500+ Pocket PC Phone with built-in GPS is the only product that integrates all the functions needed by mobile professionals or frequent travelers in one convenient device. Quad-band GSM and GPRS support allows G500+ owners to send and receive voice, text and data calls from almost anywhere in the world, and with the newly added Direct Push technology functions the G500+ even allows businesses to set up 'Push Email' services so that mobile workers are always in touch with the office.

The G500+ includes an increased 256MB of flash memory (double the previous capacity) enabling users to store information such as contacts and files, additional applications, or extra GPS maps directly on the device without the need for additional memory cards. The newly integrated FM radio supports advanced RDS functionality and boasts an intuitive interface which makes it easy to search for broadcasts in the area, providing useful access to local news and updates, or for providing entertainment on long journeys.

The increase in memory certainly gives the device an edge over the benchmark device in this arena atm, the MiTAC Mio A701, and it's good to see AKU2 Push Email functionality hit these integrated devices at last.

With the HTC Trinity - HTC's GPS enabled Pocket PC Phone - scheduled for release later in the year, the sector is definitely increasing in exposure!

Find out more about the G500+ here at the Eten web site.

P

Guest djfuego
Remember how Eten bumped up the memory on the M600, installed the latest AKU and called in the M600+? Well they're at it again, with their release of the G500+, a minor revision of their GPS enabled Pocket PC.

In their own words...

The increase in memory certainly gives the device an edge over the benchmark device in this arena atm, the MiTAC Mio A701, and it's good to see AKU2 Push Email functionality hit these integrated devices at last.

With the HTC Trinity - HTC's GPS enabled Pocket PC Phone - scheduled for release later in the year, the sector is definitely increasing in exposure!

Find out more about the G500+ here at the Eten web site.

P

If only this little stunner had Wifi, I would have wet myself. Hey ho... only 14 more months to go on my M500

Built in GPS and 256 meg can't me sniffed at. That phone looks nice though.

Guest mattyduk

yeah, still waiting for a decent phone with GPS and Wifi.

The screens on the HP6915 and the unreleased (large) T830, look a bit too low res and square, so here's hoping someone else rises to the challenge.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.