MS Media Player 10 - Fit to Screen Option?

Guest ed_sambo

Guest ed_sambo

Guys

Looking for a bit of help here. In the good old days of my M500 when I played video in Media Player it automatically resized the picture to fill the entire screen.

Now on my M5000 with Media Player 10 all it does is leave the picture at the original size and fill the rest of the screen with black. I have the fit to screen option checked but to be honest it doesn't really seem to make any difference.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Ed.

Guest harrysaab

ur videos need to be in 640x480 res.

if they low then u wil get black border around it, the media player does not streatch the vids to fit screen i guess.

Guys

Looking for a bit of help here. In the good old days of my M500 when I played video in Media Player it automatically resized the picture to fill the entire screen.

Now on my M5000 with Media Player 10 all it does is leave the picture at the original size and fill the rest of the screen with black. I have the fit to screen option checked but to be honest it doesn't really seem to make any difference.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Ed.

Guest ed_sambo

Thanks Harry.

However I guess this is my question... on the M500 when I played videos that were too small for the screen (they had come from my C500) media player DID stretch the vid to fit the new bigger screen on the M500.

Now I play vids on the M5000 and it does not stretch the vid to fit the screen. Sounds like either a backwards move from Microsoft or the "Scale to fit window" check button is not working.....

Any other suggestions??

Guest ed_sambo

Should have done some more digging before bothering everybody :)

Found this on the Microsoft website:

5.8 Can I view QVGA video in full-screen mode on a VGA device?

Some newer devices have larger displays that support VGA resolutions (480 x 640 pixels). If you try to use Windows Media Player 10 Mobile to play a QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) video in full-screen mode on a VGA device, depending upon the device and the codec that was used to encode the content, the video might not be scaled to fill the entire screen. It might only be displayed at 240 x 320 pixels.

Thanks chaps. ;)

Ed.