T-Mobile MDA Vario II

Guest richcbaker

Guest PaulWayne

I spoke to a tech supervisor at T-mobile UK yesturday and she told me that they expect to have the Vario II avalible within a few weeks.

She said that they were talking to RIM and hope to be able to make Blackberry type push e-mail avalible on the unit.

PW

Guest WILBUR
they expect to have the Vario II avalible within a few weeks.

She said that they were talking to RIM and hope to be able to make Blackberry type push e-mail avalible on the unit.

I can't believe we have to wait for that - it could take forever - and they'd have to change the user manual etc.

Arrrrggghhh. They could always give us a software upgrade later....

Guest WILBUR
they expect to have the Vario II avalible within a few weeks.

I can't believe we have to wait for that - it could take forever - and they'd have to change the user manual etc.

Arrrrggghhh. They could always give us a software upgrade later....

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I spoke to a tech supervisor at T-mobile UK yesturday and she told me that they expect to have the Vario II avalible within a few weeks.

PW

Lol... what have RIM got to do with anything on the 3100 :/

Guest Syphon Filter
Lol... what have RIM got to do with anything on the 3100 :/

I think they have some software for wm devices that can act as an emulated blackberry...

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Have to say i find the t-mobile version ugly with the colour scheme , the orange one looks far cooler :) 0,3465,85307,00.jpgorange_spv_m3100_lge.gif

i have to agree, completely ;)

but I have to goto Tmob for WnW Pro :D

Guest WILBUR
Have to say i find the t-mobile version ugly with the colour scheme , the orange one looks far cooler :)

and according to my mate in t-mob the keyboard will be red when you slide it out on their version... grim

Guest FragMeister
and according to my mate in t-mob the keyboard will be red when you slide it out on their version... grim

The guy i was talking to in my local T-mobile shop said that the keyboard backlight is purple. he said he saw it 4 weeks ago on a staff training day, but also not to expect it in store until mid-September.

Agree that the Orange version looks nicer, but will still be going with T-mobile due to WnW prices.

Guest The Doctor
The guy i was talking to in my local T-mobile shop said that the keyboard backlight is purple. he said he saw it 4 weeks ago on a staff training day, but also not to expect it in store until mid-September.

Agree that the Orange version looks nicer, but will still be going with T-mobile due to WnW prices.

im waiting for it on flext + WnW pro...

i like the layout of the oval d-pad better on the tmob varient but would have prefered it in black! the orange branding does suit it as well.....

Purple keyboard? :) now theyre getting silly.............

Phil

Guest proindigo

Release update: Apparently its due to go on sale in Germany on 14 August. Which means we will likely have to wait until end of the month before we see it in the uk....

T-mobile has great package of services, however I just wish they would hurry and bring it to market. I have a gut feeling that they are holding back on the release due to the alignment glitches that are going on.

Come on T-moblile.... Orange service sucks! I want to move to a real operator who answers their phones in less than an hour....

Guest Pondrew

I would say given what I'm reading from members who have the device in it's HTC TyTN form or Vodafone form that it'd be worth waiting for release if it means the problems with build quality, battery life, and stereo bluetooth are resolved...

Better late then rubbish! :)

Guest Syphon Filter
I would say given what I'm reading from members who have the device in it's HTC TyTN form or Vodafone form that it'd be worth waiting for release if it means the problems with build quality, battery life, and stereo bluetooth are resolved...

Better late then rubbish! :)

Definitely mate. As you have probably seen my device is back at my retailer at the moment while they test it out. If there is a problem found I will be getting a refund and then holding out for a bit. Perhaps import a Dopod 838Pro or wait for a T-Mobile release or something. Alternatively I may just wait for HTC to sort things out and go for another TyTN.

Guest WILBUR
just spoke with T. They have release date through email today of the 16th.

another week to go

But I bet they charge a fortune for the handset. The MDA Pro is currently

Guest Pondrew

Strange. Two years ago when I purchased an MDA III (HTC Blue Angel) from T-Mobile they were the cheapest source (ie they subsidised MORE then O2 and Orange). Would expect more of the same really...