I got my M600 this morning!

Guest 2good

Guest 2good

Hey,

Ok I managed to work out a few things, cuz i had a C500 before... However I'm stuck with these things:

1) How do I change the sound for my text messages? I mean i found where to change them but the Wavs i uploaded it can't find? I put them in Application Data / Sounds - Where i also put my ringtones which my phone successfully found! ....

2) Wheres the task manager? I can't find it or do I have to download one seperately? If so where?

3) Is there like a free (if possible) explorer for the Pocket PC so i can send stuff via bluetooth etc? I use to use SmartExplorer but that was for smartphones only.....

Ok thats it so far, otherwsie i'm loving my phone! Thanks!

-Chris x

P.S

Is there a Paint program for Pocket PC? Lol since that would be ace!!

Edited by 2good

Guest Mr_Blonde1971

I got an M500 with older software so things may have changed but all my sounds for ringtones and texts are in the windows folder, not sure about the task manager, I use file explorer to send files to others, just keep the stylus pointed at the file and it will show another menu and you just choose "beam file", like i said this is with WM2003SE so things may have changed with WM5.

Hope that helps

Guest Pondrew

On your M600 you will find a task manager in the Memory application accessed through:

Start / Settings / System

Click on Running Programs tab to see the running tasks list and close program control. Newer roms have a shortcut to this from the start menu but I don't know if the SPV M600 is included in this...

File Explorer will have come with your SPV M600 and choosing a file and selecting Beam will enable you to send files via Bluetooth (assuming Bluetooth is on, receiving device is discoverable, etc).

Guest 2good
On your M600 you will find a task manager in the Memory application accessed through:

Start / Settings / System

Click on Running Programs tab to see the running tasks list and close program control. Newer roms have a shortcut to this from the start menu but I don't know if the SPV M600 is included in this...

File Explorer will have come with your SPV M600 and choosing a file and selecting Beam will enable you to send files via Bluetooth (assuming Bluetooth is on, receiving device is discoverable, etc).

Ok ringtone fixed - thanks, and well yeh found task manager thanks..

Uhh i pressed the likle lil button on the left hand side on thephone, and lodas of things appear inc bluetooth.. i pressed it so its 'green' - and when i click beam it there is Infrared and under that 'Searching' - Its been searching for about 5 mins? it cant find bluetooth? help please?

-Chris x

Guest Pondrew

Ok, so to send a file by bluetooth you have to have bluetooth turned on both on your M600 (sounds like you've managed that and you can be sure if you've got a blue flashing light). You also need the receiving device's bluetooth on, accepting incoming beams, and set to discoverable.

Having chosen 'Beam' in File Explorer on the SPV M600 a screen shows saying searching (this is the screen you mention, it doubles as the bluetooth search screen and isn't just for infrared). After a short time (30 seconds?) the device you're trying to send to should be recognised and listed by name ready for you to select...

If this isn't so for you give us more info (what device are you trying to send to?) and we'll try and help :)