Skype for Windows Smartphone imminent?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
post-1-1154947507_thumb.gif

Is Skype for Windows Smartphone imminent (read 'coming this week')?

This article at RedHerring seems to think so!

Specifically...

Skype is expected to announce a version of its service for Windows-based mobile phones as soon as this week in a move that reflects eBay

Guest Kallisti

Interestingly, Skype has a bit of a reputation of being difficult to detect, let alone filter.. It's a weird p2p protocol as far as I understand it (which isn't very far), so who knows.

The major issue is that AFAIK, the WM API doesn't allow for using the earpiece for playing audio - it only allows the speaker. So no private conversations using anything but the usual GSM part of the phone, only loudspeaker..

Guest eole73
Interestingly, Skype has a bit of a reputation of being difficult to detect, let alone filter.. It's a weird p2p protocol as far as I understand it (which isn't very far), so who knows.

The major issue is that AFAIK, the WM API doesn't allow for using the earpiece for playing audio - it only allows the speaker. So no private conversations using anything but the usual GSM part of the phone, only loudspeaker..

I am using msn live mobile beta on my qtek 8300, and the voice recording is not stopped by my french network. I don't know if it's ip technology. I hope we can rapidly test this new skype version

Guest pedroms1

You can always use the headset that came with your device. This will get anysound that should go to the speakers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.