No sound when recieving a text message?

Guest 2good

Guest 2good

I've set a tone for a New Message Recieved, it does work cuz i can press play and i can hear it then... however when i get a text its jst silent - no sound no vibration when 'Play Sound and Vibrate' are turned on, and my phone is on loud?

What am I doing wrong?

I tried putting the tone in 'Application Data / Sounds but it couldnt be found - so its atm in Windows...

Also - i Jst this second tried changing the new text alert sound to a standard one however still, no sound or vibration on new text?...

However, I do hear a sound / vibration when i get called...

Cheers in advanced...

-Chris

P.S

Slightly different matter - Since there is no 'keypad lock' and there is a standby button isntead... how do i walk around listenin 2 music cuz if i press standby it turns it off!!...

Edited by 2good

Guest Laser_iCE

Is your left volume slider turned right up? Do you hear sounds for reminders/multimedia messages? Also, as for the keypad lock, have you tried turning on the Device Lock today screen thing in the Today settings?

Guest 2good
Is your left volume slider turned right up? Do you hear sounds for reminders/multimedia messages? Also, as for the keypad lock, have you tried turning on the Device Lock today screen thing in the Today settings?

Ooh yeh volume was on! But i found it! there was a stupid tick box in the like Sounds bit 'Enable sounds for Notifications / Reminders' - Silly me, thanks for your help.

And yeh with the device lock, yeh tht was exactly what i was looking for, HOWEVER, the 'layout' is absolutly minging! the 'Orange' style is amazing but however has no Device Lock button and if i tick it it wont uh, 'accept' it as it doesnt support that theme... so i duno what to do, cuz i love the style of the 'Orange' today... but then it has no device lock button... Any other alternative?

Thanks,

-Chris x