Enabling WiFi crashes Wizard with Newest T-Mobile ROM

Guest duuncan

Guest duuncan

Hi, Recently my MDA Vario has had problems with its WiFi. When I enter the Comms Manager and tap the WiFi button it greys out and then the Vario doesn't respond to anything. After a soft reset it does the same thing on the next attempt to connect.

I have the today plugin to show the network and the connection status of WiFi and Bluetooth. At the same time the WiFi crashing began the WiFi part of this plugin disappeared whereas it used to say 'Off'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Duuncan

Guest Pondrew

At the risk of stating the obvious something is not right with your device.

If you can my advice would be to hard reset the device to restore it to it's out of the box state. Unfortunately you will lose any applications that did not come with the device along with any documents or settings you haven't backed up.

Let us know how you get on...

Guest duuncan
At the risk of stating the obvious something is not right with your device.

If you can my advice would be to hard reset the device to restore it to it's out of the box state. Unfortunately you will lose any applications that did not come with the device along with any documents or settings you haven't backed up.

Let us know how you get on...

I thought that might be the suggestion I got. I think i'll hold on for now incase someone else has an idea about it don't want to lose all my programmes prematurely. Thanks for the fast reply and i'll keep you posted if i do hard reset.

Guest Pondrew

Really hope you find a solution. In the past though, the device losting the Bluetooth or wifi hardware (as suggested by the lockups and missing wifi indicator experienced by yourself) have needed a hard reset to resolve.

Another couple of things you could look at though before:

1) You have done a cold reset? (using the reset button or by turning the device off and on again)

2) You've not run out of storage space? (although I don't necessarily think this would stop wifi working)

Good luck!

Guest minty1978

unfortunatly i too would suggest either a hard reset, or update to a newer ROM.

what ROM version are you using? the latest UK T-mobile ROM is v2.24

or the US spec is v2.26 (which works on a UK MDA)

it does sound like your phone has some strange malfunction...the only other thing you could try is re-installing the extended ROM CABs one by one...you never know!

Guest duuncan
unfortunatly i too would suggest either a hard reset, or update to a newer ROM.

what ROM version are you using? the latest UK T-mobile ROM is v2.24

or the US spec is v2.26 (which works on a UK MDA)

it does sound like your phone has some strange malfunction...the only other thing you could try is re-installing the extended ROM CABs one by one...you never know!

Yes!! Thank you very much. I reinstalled everything that related to WiFi and it works again now thank you again!