GPS2Blue

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest nedge2k

[teaser]

GPS2Blue1.gifGPS2Blue2.gifGPS2Blue3.gif

Don't have a Bluetooth GPS but have a GPS enabled Pocket PC? Want to turn that device into a Bluetooth GPS unit? Then check out this great, free app:

This GPS-PDA utility has several features. It transforms your PocketPC into an external bluetooth GPS receiver, allowing you to use it with your laptop PC or any other device which can use a bluetooth GPS. Since version 1.4, GPS2Blue also allows to redirect GPS data to a TCP/IP port. It can also log to a file the data received from the GPS. Another feature is the PDA clock adjustment based on the precise GPS satellites clock. Finally, for Tomtom 5 users, you can create a new POI from coordinates.
[/teaser]

You can download the app and find out more about it HERE.

Note: You need .Net Compact Framework 2.0 installed to run this application. Also, if you like it, why not donate? :)

Source: PocketPCThoughts

Guest Webreaper

This bit makes it clear:

allowing you to use it with your laptop PC or any other device which can use a bluetooth GPS

If you have mapping software which runs on your laptop via a bluetooth GPS, you can use your PDA as a GPS unit directly. Quite handy, IMO (although I don't have GPS on my device, so irrelevant for me).

Guest bukhariwaheed111

I STILL dont get it . You Need 1. a GPS 2. a laptop with mapping software 3. a PDA with blue tooth.

am i right? if not than please clarify some body

:)

if all the above mentioned are req than why not to get a single unit GPS why all this arrangement

Guest nedge2k

No, you need a Pocket PC with GPS. If you have one of these and wanted to use GPS software on your Bluetooth enabled laptop/PC, you could use this app to turn your PPC into a BT GPS.

...now all I need is an app to turn my Universal into a 3G access point and i'll be laughing :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.