M3100 + phone pad...

Guest jibber

Guest jibber

ok I know the M3100 has no phone pad software,

I've seen tengo, but doesn't that only do Text?

is there something available that you can use as a dialler from the touchscreen?

Guest Pondrew

Woah there, there IS still a phone pad of sorts in the Phone app (you wouldn't be able to call anyone if there wasn't!) it's just that the Phone Pad option is now gone when it comes to entering data...

So there's a dialler still, just no dialler type data entry method within messaging/word, etc.

Guest jibber

ah HA!

now that makes sense, I couldn' get my head around having to use the keyboard to make a phone call...

it's been a long week...feel free to ignore me from now on :)

hehe. No problem :)

Congrats on your 4000th post sir. Your 3999th was better! (Spaceballs...!) ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, and we need to get that phonepad app back too! :D

Edited by NikLP

Guest Pondrew

Well look at that! 4000 posts. ;)

Make that 4001 :)

And I'm with you over the loss of Phone Pad. A very strange move by HTC to remove what Paul (MVP) recently suggested was one of the main selling points of the HTC Pocket PC Phone devices!

And now back to Spaceballs!

Prepare to fast forward.

Prepare to fast forward.

Fast forward!

Fast forwarding sir!

Well look at that! 4000 posts. ;)

Make that 4001 :)

And I'm with you over the loss of Phone Pad. A very strange move by HTC to remove what Paul (MVP) recently suggested was one of the main selling points of the HTC Pocket PC Phone devices!

And now back to Spaceballs!

Enuf with the Balls already!

Perhaps someone who has previously contacted HTC could email them and ask about getting a WM5 version of the software released for public download?

I'd actually pay to get it back!

Guest Pondrew
Enuf with the Balls already!

Perhaps someone who has previously contacted HTC could email them and ask about getting a WM5 version of the software released for public download?

I'd actually pay to get it back!

Phone Pad is most definately already compatible with WM5 upto at least AKU2 as it comes on the latest roms for the HTC Charmer, HTC Wizard, HTC Prophet and HTC Universal. It's anyones guess why it's now been dropped for the HTC Hermes...

Guest Wozbacca

but the m3100 is application locked!

i cant install any non-trusted apps to it! there must be an offline method of doing it do i have to wait for orange to update my simcard before i can get it to connect to the net to do the over-the-air unlock??

im sure i used a cab or pc sync'd app to unlock my c600

Guest Paul (MVP)

For research purposes, Phone Pad CAB'd up from the M600 works a treat on the M3100, so who knows why they removed it.

(and no i'm not posting the CAB!)

I'll discuss more in my M3100 review :)

P

For research purposes, Phone Pad CAB'd up from the M600 works a treat on the M3100, so who knows why they removed it.

(and no i'm not posting the CAB!)

I'll discuss more in my M3100 review :)

P

This is EXCELLENT news and I'm very pleased to hear it!

Another 'con' bites the dust!

Now where am I gonna get that CAB from Paul?!

Guest finisterre

Can somebody please explain for the benefit of those of us who have never had a PocketPC phone? I currently have a C500 and will get the Hermes on T-Mobile when released.

I'd taken it as a given that you could dial a number or select a contact without opening the keyboard. Are you telling me you can't?

I wonder if the Vario II or the Tytn have it included?

Edited by finisterre

Guest Wozbacca

you can still dial a number without opening the keyboard, you press the green call button, and it gives you a touch-screen version of the phone number pad.

you dont have to open the keyboard out to do anything really, apart from type quickly

Guest bydandie
you can still dial a number without opening the keyboard, you press the green call button, and it gives you a touch-screen version of the phone number pad.

you dont have to open the keyboard out to do anything really, apart from type quickly

The Voda v1605 has a dialler app with it! :)

Guest FragMeister

"Intellipad" for Pocket PC is an htc application, so i'm not holding out much hope that the T-Mobile Vario II will have it either. :)

with regards to copyright issues, as i have this on my compact (infact am using it to type this post), would it be illegal for me to copy the relevant files from the compact and install to the Hermes?

Guest bydandie
You'd almost certainly be breaking the EULA...

P

However, as all contracts (Including EULAs) are subject to the unfair contract terms act 1977, then I would think it very unlikely that any court would see an issue with using the cab between your own devices.

I would state though that swapping it between others would be viewed differently.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Doesn't mean it can't be done of course.

The whole Phone Pad situation frustrates me massively, and i'd like nothing better than to post a CAB here, but it'd be wrong!

P

Guest SkUk21
Doesn't mean it can't be done of course.

The whole Phone Pad situation frustrates me massively, and i'd like nothing better than to post a CAB here, but it'd be wrong!

P

could you email it to me then? lol :)