Paul's must have FREE Hermes software

Guest PaulOBrien

I was referring to the "PHM Powertoys" mentioned on page 1 of this topic (PHM Power Toys - dead useful if just for the soft reset command and traylaunch - http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/PowerToys/) - the same ones, I hope, that adge was referring to in his post that I was replying to!!!

Mark.

Yes, that's what I was talking about. No sign of the cab file in "My Documents", although I think I removed power toys when it didn't work, so I'll have a go at installing it again tonight !

Thanks

Adge

Guest lochi72

wanted to delete the ugly battery symbole (right side in top line, i installed the batti program). the program tray_no_battery didn't work on my SPV M3100 (error message: the programm isn't for wm 5.0).

Afterwards i tried change battery to clock.cab --> the battery symbole was replaced with the clock! great. Is there a possibility to delete also the clock from the top bar (the clock i also displayed in the today screen)?

Thanks

Thomas

But am I able to UNLOCK one handed? I often like to use my Vario sans stylus and sans keyboard but I find it annoying that I can press the left softkey to unlock but still have to tap the screen to actually do this. Or am I missing something?

Nope. Unless you want to wip the kb out and press '*', which is likely to be less convenient! :D

wanted to delete the ugly battery symbole (right side in top line, i installed the batti program). the program tray_no_battery didn't work on my SPV M3100 (error message: the programm isn't for wm 5.0).

Afterwards i tried change battery to clock.cab --> the battery symbole was replaced with the clock! great. Is there a possibility to delete also the clock from the top bar (the clock i also displayed in the today screen)?

Thanks

Thomas

The tray__no_battery cab doesn't remove that icon. You want the program "Change battery icon on top bar to clock - Attached File AKU23Clock.CAB ( 1.64k )".

If you want to remove the clock from the top bar, you can try unticking the check box in Clocks & Alarms > More.

Guest cristaras

Hi guys!

I'm about to become a new member of the PPC community but still don't know what to buy!

I was about to get the new Sony Ericsson P990i when i found about HTC Universal or Qtek 9000 as they call it here (I was totaly lost with all the different names until I found this: url=http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_pocketpc_smartphone.php3 ).

Being almost ready to buy it, I came through the new HTC TyTN Pocket PC and now I'm TOTALY lost!!!! :D

I don't know what to do!?!?!?

Money isn't a problem, as I can get them from a relative really cheap, but which one is the best? I was a bit concerned about the size of Universal, but still....i don't know! Is it so big? I haven't seen it anywhere except on the net. But again if you can do exactly the same things with the TyTN Pocket PC (which is few cm smaller, 120g lighter as well as a year younger) why should i buy that one instead of the TyTN Pocket PC? :D :D :D

OUF.....HELP...PLEASE :D :D :D

Guest lochi72
The tray__no_battery cab doesn't remove that icon. You want the program "Change battery icon on top bar to clock - Attached File AKU23Clock.CAB ( 1.64k )".

If you want to remove the clock from the top bar, you can try unticking the check box in Clocks & Alarms > More.

Thanks. What will change with the program tray_no_battery (or better what's excatly the today screen "tray"?)

Guest Nixxrite
Just installed Batti. Great piece of software but one major problem. It overwrites my left hand soft key with the heading "Notification". Tap that and you get the status of your battery.

But I don't want that permanently grabbing my left hand soft key. I have much better use for that.

And "Notification" as a heading make me think I have a message. Granted, the soft key reverts to its other uses in specific applications, but not on the home screen.

Have others go the same problem. I am using the current version of Batti [at least, I downloaded it from the sticky thread header today]

I've got exactly the same problem, any word on how to resolve this?

I just posted on the end before on the start.

You been drinking?? :D

I'd really like to give the Mobile Map24 software a go, but the site is a bit "lights are on, but no-one's home"....can't register (from my laptop or from my M3100) - I get "page cannot be displayed" on my laptop and "...cannot be found due to unknown error 0x80072f78" on my M3100......grrr :D

If anyone has a login for the site, can they log in at the moment - i.e. is the site "experiencing technical difficulties" or, as I suspect, is it just me?

Mark.

Hi everybody,

here is a question from a newby :

when I try to install an application - remove battery symbol, for exemple - the file I download is a "index.php" file. When I try to open it the Hermes tells me that no application is associated with it, and I can

Hi everybody,

when I try to install an application - remove battery symbol, for exemple - the file I download is a "index.php" file. When I try to open it the Hermes tells me that no application is associated with it, and I can

Guest randomelements
Hi everybody,

a must have piece of software for me is called Vade Mecum - it is a Plucker (Palm OS database) viewer for Pocket PC. The reason this is a must have is because the Fancyapint website publishes a Plucker version of the site, which rates London pubs, and has directions from tube stations, you can search by station or area or pub name. Absolutely essential if you live in London!

Edited by stug

Someone Help!

What am I doing wrong.

Trying to install Pocket pc power tools and the meters, on my Vario 2 it asks for my clearvue serial number as it came installed on the phone I do not know the number.

Any help to say where I am going wrong would be great.

Thanks

Guest Kallisti

Just a suggestion Paul, you're probably causing pretty bad feeling toward the good name of Hermes by includinb Batti on the list.. It's got a bug where it hogs the notification soft key takeover function, and it's been repeatedly fingered as the main culprit in the phone hanging....

My Vario's been perfect since I removed it.

yeah ive been using dictmgr for a while now quite good at adding stuff to the auto correct dictionary and changing stuff in the prediction dictionary for SIP

definately reccomend it.

JEREMY

Guest Paul (MVP)
Just a suggestion Paul, you're probably causing pretty bad feeling toward the good name of Hermes by includinb Batti on the list.. It's got a bug where it hogs the notification soft key takeover function, and it's been repeatedly fingered as the main culprit in the phone hanging....

My Vario's been perfect since I removed it.

While I hear what you're saying, i'm running it on my device with a TON of other stuff (all the stuff on both my lists), and am having no problems.

So it stays on my must have FREE software list...

P

Guest gurujockstrap

Must say I get that problem with my Vario II and the latest version of Batti.

If you got into options and uncheck "show icon in top bar" it fixes the problem.

Where are you trying to download this?

This happens to me if I try to click on those links on my Vario II - it's because they are not direct file links but references to attachments and it does appear that PIE can handle this correctly.

If you're doing on your desktop then which browser are you using?

Thanks, yes I was using Pocket I. Explorer.

yeah ive been using dictmgr for a while now quite good at adding stuff to the auto correct dictionary and changing stuff in the prediction dictionary for SIP

definately reccomend it.

JEREMY

Shame it doesn't have a spell checker then, I'd say.