M3100 Storage Card Gone

Guest jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

just tried to review pics and video taken today and my storage card has disappeared in file explorer. Soft reset didn't bring it back.

Edited by jimbouk

Guest Dr Who
Just wacked the card in the adapter and popped it in my Jamin and it isn't seen there either so it must be the card.

Sounds worrying. Not only do they force a memory card change but the new cards aren't stable either????

Guest FragMeister

jimbo, what was the battery level at the time this happened?

I have an mda compact and a cheapo 1gig SD.

If the battery level is low, and i am WRITING to the card at the time that the SD card gets "turned off" due to low power, the card loses everything, and needs formatting to recover the space (ie only has 10meg free, but no files present - making me think it's a FAT issue) and reload it all again.

Might you have a similar problem?

PS: Is your card a sandisk one, or another make?

Try using Resco 2005, I have had the same issue Resco could see it but the build in file viewer couldnt... Neither could WMP.

I check the registry and I only have the camera to be disabled when power is low..

Guest jimbouk

The battery was about 60%. The card is a sandisk E200 1gb. The only thing I had done was to tell it to store pics and videos on the card. Today whilst out and about i took a few test pics and a video (of some really great Stomp type buskers). When I got home I decided to have a look at the video and the card was gone...

Got it from Moby memory so have contacted them to see what they will do.

As the card isnt recognised in the Hermes or in the Prophet (with the SD adapter) and as I dont have any sd card readers other than on the Hermes and Prophet, I guess I will need to get it replaced?

Guest jimbouk

Update - bit the bullet and went out and bought a card reader (after years with various sd cards in my phones and devices, I have never needed one before) and it reported that the micro sd card file structure was corrupted so formatted it with FAT in the reader and hey presto it works - well it has now for 24 hours!