How to hard reset the Hermes

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

To hard reset, hold down the two soft key buttons directly below the screen, and press the reset pin.

You will be presented with a menu saying 'press R to reset, X to exit'.

P

Guest jimbouk

I just used the Clear Storage Function (to see if the sd card reappeared after a hard reset).

Me and my device performed a complete hard reset and orange customisation, activesync set up and installed spb pocket plus, resco, topbar clock, wireless today and various essential sounds in about five minutes! Must be a record.

Guest jimbouk
Hm, if you upgrade from ASync 3.8 to 4.2 and sync and then get it to work thru BT all under 5 minutes, THAT would be a record!

Well I did get activesync all set up (and all mail, contacts and calendar transferred via USB) but also set up activesync via BT (but dont use it that often - if at all) within the five mins. I use an exchnage server and must have got about 500 contacts, 500 calendar items and 250 mails (with attachments) across in about two minutes.

Well I did get activesync all set up (and all mail, contacts and calendar transferred via USB) but also set up activesync via BT (but dont use it that often - if at all) within the five mins. I use an exchnage server and must have got about 500 contacts, 500 calendar items and 250 mails (with attachments) across in about two minutes.

Magic words: exchange server....

Two PCs with outlook and one device is seemingly a completely different story. Hopefully WM5 and AS4.2 will be another story again, but in the meantime, CONGRATS! :)

Guest The Doctor
To hard reset, hold down the two soft key buttons directly below the screen, and press the reset pin.

P

any change of a 'video' guide (flash) as we have with the c550?

Phil

any change of a 'video' guide (flash) as we have with the c550?

Phil

You want someone to hold your hand as wel, petal? :)

Sorry I'm feeling very cheeky this afternoon, I'm OLD as of today.

Guest The Doctor
You want someone to hold your hand as wel, petal? ;)

Sorry I'm feeling very cheeky this afternoon, I'm OLD as of today.

lmao. i was just thinking of people who have never had a wm pocket pc before :)

also i resent the name petal, i much prefer diddums :D

phil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest danktuft
I just used the Clear Storage Function (to see if the sd card reappeared after a hard reset).

Me and my device performed a complete hard reset and orange customisation, activesync set up and installed spb pocket plus, resco, topbar clock, wireless today and various essential sounds in about five minutes! Must be a record.

I'm still getting used to WM5 and have a question about hard resetting. I installed a trial of FlexMail 2007, found it wasn't for me and tried to uninstall. I can't get rid of the Tmail.exe file and now my alarm goes off randomly, very embarrassing on the train this morning I can tell you. Anyway, if I perform a hard reset I know I'll get all my contacts etc back after the first sync but will all installed apps be reinstalled? If so is there any way that I can choose which apps to reinstall?

Sounds dumb but I can't try it out for myself as I'm at work and all we use here are macs so I can't have a mess around.

I'm still getting used to WM5 and have a question about hard resetting. I installed a trial of FlexMail 2007, found it wasn't for me and tried to uninstall. I can't get rid of the Tmail.exe file and now my alarm goes off randomly, very embarrassing on the train this morning I can tell you. Anyway, if I perform a hard reset I know I'll get all my contacts etc back after the first sync but will all installed apps be reinstalled? If so is there any way that I can choose which apps to reinstall?

Sounds dumb but I can't try it out for myself as I'm at work and all we use here are macs so I can't have a mess around.

You'll lose everything that you've put on the phone since you got it, basically.

Best bet is to back it up after you've set it up and then you'll be ok if you have to do it again.

Guest jimbouk

If you install programs from your laptop over activesync, then when you reconnect the device after a hard reset, you can go to tools, add/remove programs in activesync on the pc, and select everything you want re-installed.

Guest Appetite4

P

I am trying to do this before sending my Vario2 back to T-mob under DSR.

Apart from being very physically difficult to do it doesn't seem to work - all I am achieving is soft resets. Is there another way?

Thanks

Paul

Guest Appetite4
I am trying to do this before sending my Vario2 back to T-mob under DSR.

Apart from being very physically difficult to do it doesn't seem to work - all I am achieving is soft resets. Is there another way?

Thanks

Paul

Doh! Should have RTFM. I was trying with the machine on. Sorry.

A hard reset on my TMob Vario 2 loses the short cut to show running programs, the T mobile phone skin and the ability to use key tones for user options on CS lines.

I've changed with phone options for short/long/off keytones but this does nothing.

Any way of undoing this?

Nick

Guest jimbouk

Sounds like the hard reset didnt take properly. All of the items you mention are standard either with the OS (dial tones) or the T cabs.

I would try another hard reset to see if they come back.

Sounds like the hard reset didnt take properly. All of the items you mention are standard either with the OS (dial tones) or the T cabs.

I would try another hard reset to see if they come back.

Yup - another hard reset did the trick

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest richard_d

Finally thought I'd be brave :rolleyes: and test my backups (I've had too many issues with back up software over the years!) . The Hard Reset was scary enough waiting for the backup to load was nail biting. Thankfuly SPB backup seems to work almost faultlessly - I lost the lat and long settings on the Today Screen Sun & Moon plug-in but everything else was fine :(

Richard

• 1 month later...
Finally thought I'd be brave :) and test my backups (I've had too many issues with back up software over the years!) . The Hard Reset was scary enough waiting for the backup to load was nail biting. Thankfuly SPB backup seems to work almost faultlessly - I lost the lat and long settings on the Today Screen Sun & Moon plug-in but everything else was fine :D

Richard

did a hard reset on my vario ii as it was crashing a bit too often. all went well, very easy. took a while to set up everything as i like it and get activesync to put all my contacts back. but worth it. no crashes since despite reinstalling most of the stuff on before plus one or two extra.

if your having problems don't be afraid of this.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Prosody

What if the hard reset doesn't work??

My dad just installed one of the DialPad skins from ZombieNexus and is now getting nothign but a white screen. I had no problems with the skin I installed. When trying to hard reset gets no response what so ever. Removed battery and inserted again. Same thing.: :)

Guest pp4anything
Finally thought I'd be brave :) and test my backups (I've had too many issues with back up software over the years!) . The Hard Reset was scary enough waiting for the backup to load was nail biting. Thankfuly SPB backup seems to work almost faultlessly - I lost the lat and long settings on the Today Screen Sun & Moon plug-in but everything else was fine :D

Richard

Have you ever tested with Sprite Backup??