My M600 and Orange CS Problems

When calling the dedicated orange business customer services number, no matter what time of day it is, whether it be a busy time or not, you hear the message that orange are receiving a high volume of calls. This is insulting and patronising, when the same message is being played at one in the morning and this is obviously not the case. When I finally get through to a customer services representative, even in the upgrades department, I end up speaking to someone with a very limited knowledge of phones. This has been extremely frustrating for me since when I upgraded my phone two months ago, I specifically asked if orange would be bringing out the M3100 soon and was told by all the people who I spoke to that they had not heard of the handset and that they doubted it. The recent release of the M3100 has annoyed me not only by the fact that it is a much more suited phone for my needs when compared to the M600 (which was the phone which I ordered), but I have to use the M600 until my contract expires, when if I could have waited two months to order the M3100 if I would have spoken to an Orange employee who knew more about what was becoming available.

Since I was sent the M600 as an upgrade I have already received one replacement since the phones calendar just went mad, and now the same thing has happened on the new handset after just a month. When this took place I was abroad and I tried calling Orange Customer Services only to be told that it could not connect me. This not working I tried emailing Technical Support, and typical of Orange I never received a reply. Not only is this a characteristic of Orange customer services not to reply (before I left I was scheduled for call back five times, neither of which I received), it is also typical of Orange since with the three years when I have been a customer I have only had one phone which didn

Edited by Guest

Guest kelv23
When calling the dedicated orange business customer services number, no matter what time of day it is, whether it be a busy time or not, you hear the message that orange are receiving a high volume of calls. This is insulting and patronising, when the same message is being played at one in the morning and this is obviously not the case. When I finally get through to a customer services representative, even in the upgrades department, I end up speaking to someone with a very limited knowledge of phones. This has been extremely frustrating for me since when I upgraded my phone two months ago, I specifically asked if orange would be bringing out the M3100 soon and was told by all the people who I spoke to that they had not heard of the handset and that they doubted it. The recent release of the M3100 has annoyed me not only by the fact that it is a much more suited phone for my needs when compared to the M600 (which was the phone which I ordered), but I have to use the M600 until my contract expires, when if I could have waited two months to order the M3100 if I would have spoken to an Orange employee who knew more about what was becoming available.

Since I was sent the M600 as an upgrade I have already received one replacement since the phones calendar just went mad, and now the same thing has happened on the new handset after just a month. When this took place I was abroad and I tried calling Orange Customer Services only to be told that it could not connect me. This not working I tried emailing Technical Support, and typical of Orange I never received a reply. Not only is this a characteristic of Orange customer services not to reply (before I left I was scheduled for call back five times, neither of which I received), it is also typical of Orange since with the three years when I have been a customer I have only had one phone which didn’t develop a fault within three months.

I think Orange better buck up there ideas because more and more people are leaving for the same reasons. I would have left Orange by now but am unfortunately stuck in a 12 month contract.

Have you had problems with Orange Customer Services. Post them below.

Eden

Well where to start.

Phoned CS a couple of times myself ,different times of day and yes the same old "high volume of calls" is played . One day I ended up waiting for 30 minutes and 45 minutes respectively and this was with me putting the phone down due to boredom, not being connected to a rep. When I did eventually get through after 15 minutes the next day the guy on the other end had a bit of attitude as though I was wasting HIS time. He offishly explained to me why my they dont offer a balance remaining for landline calls and why my contract was slightly different from a contract purchased online rather than in the shop, ie Racoon 25 online you get texts, in the shop you dont (why? Im paying the same amount ) and ended the call pretty abruptly.

On the other hand I called the other day with a account query ,15 minute wait but got through to a nice geordie sounding guy who was helpful,courteous and we even had a brief chat about football without wasting each others time and making the wait even longer for anyone in the queue.

Im one month into a 12 month contract ,so Ive got 11 months left to get a better or worse impression of Orange.

More of the Geordie type guys please and less of the sharp tongued dimwits......

Edited by kelv23

Guest jimbouk

I have had a few issues with OCS over the years but have always managed to get the situation resolved. On one occasion, I had to resort to threatening to send the phone and sim back with a letter from my lawyer explaining why I would not be paying the remainder of the contract (as they had mis-sold it) and in that case they backed down and arranged a tariff change - albeit for a new 12 month contract.

I recently looked at my bill and saw that the free care they had given me (by charging it and then creditting it) had suddenly stopped being creditted. They explained that the six months free care had ended - I explained that I was on premier with free care for the duration of the contract. Within two minutes they agreed a refund of all care costs.

A couple of years ago they cut me and my five employees phones off late on a friday evening - due to an admin error on their behalf. On Saturday morning the phones were back on and on Monday I received the promised call back from OCS and a

Edited by jimbouk

(If your calendar keeps going mad - are you sure its not your settings?)

Thats what I suspected at first and therefore performed a hard reset. This however did not rectify the problem. What seems to be happening is that the Orange Homescreen shows that several appointments are occuring today. However the ones which it shows have either already happened, or take place in several months time. This is not the same when I switch to the Microsoft Homescreen.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Eden