Texts & the M600

Guest scorpy

Guest scorpy

Just wondered how it compares with a "normal" phone for texting, I currently have a SE K750i but used to have a c500 & am thinking of returning to the Windows phone fold! :)

Just wondered how it compares with a "normal" phone for texting, I currently have a SE K750i but used to have a c500 & am thinking of returning to the Windows phone fold! :)

Relatively easy but not as good a normal phone.

Cos, you can't feel the buttons you have to watch as you type.

Sometimes the screen buttons don't seem to register the press.

Bit easier with the stylus but mean using 2 hands.

Chiz

Guest jimbouk

I am afraid he is right. The touchscreen phone pad is great for two handed use - ie with stylus, but the combination of no physical feedback and the screens unresponsiveness to fingers means that you end up with a lot of junk in your T9 custom dictionary.

I pretty much gave up texting whilst walking etc with my prophet.

Guest jimbouk
Thanks for your replies, can handwriting recognition be used for texts, or is that just as bad?

It can - but if you are going to use that, then you are using two hands, so you may as well use the stylus to tap on the phonepad (T9) or keyboard. I used the stylus on t9 if on a train (as keyboard is a bit small when wobbling about) and keyboard when sat down at a desk or at home. In that respect the phonepad is fine - its just when you try to type with your thumb on the pad, you have to look and be quite accurate.

Guest Laser_iCE

That's where the Hermese/Wizard/Universal come in :D Can't forget the Blue Angel of course ;) Still looking good and with a hardware keyboard, and with it being full QWERTY, it doesn't take long for you to be able to write messages with it almost as fast as you can on the computer :)

Guest jimbouk

IMHO its the one strong argument for having a c500/600 - if you are used to texting on a phone keypad with your thumb, then nothing beats the t9 keypad...especially if you text whilst walking etc.

I haven't tried holding and typing on the hermes keyboard one handed yet...