M3100 Loudspeaker a bit rubbish/lens selector

Guest bronksy

Guest bronksy

I really hope it's not be being picky (again) but have any of you other lucky M3100 users noticed that the speaker isn't great.. I mean the speakerphone speaker.. play the Orange SMS received tune and it sounds like poop...or have I got a duff-un as usual when i upgrade...

Also.. the lens switch.. does it have a bit of 'play' in it like it doesn't sit firmly locked.. moves a few mm with either lens selected?

Guest Behold
I really hope it's not be being picky (again) but have any of you other lucky M3100 users noticed that the speaker isn't great.. I mean the speakerphone speaker.. play the Orange SMS received tune and it sounds like poop...or have I got a duff-un as usual when i upgrade...

Also.. the lens switch.. does it have a bit of 'play' in it like it doesn't sit firmly locked.. moves a few mm with either lens selected?

I found the loud speaker fine. louder than my m500. but i agree with the macro lens bit it seams to just slide around not lock in to place.

Guest Rarebit

have you tried playing a different file (other than SMS notification) out of the speaker? The sms wave file isn't particularly good itself (some distortion) and it could be this that is making it sounds bad.

Guest MARKUKCOUK
have you tried playing a different file (other than SMS notification) out of the speaker? The sms wave file isn't particularly good itself (some distortion) and it could be this that is making it sounds bad.

No, TomTom sounds awful too in comparison with my Ipaq 3715. I guess it must just be the size of the thing. Dissappointing but oh well

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nasher2004
No, TomTom sounds awful too in comparison with my Ipaq 3715. I guess it must just be the size of the thing. Dissappointing but oh well

The only problem I am having with the M3100 is when it connects to a push mail system the speaker on the phone pulses with interference (not all the time though). I am presuming it is potentially a faulty phone?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
The only problem I am having with the M3100 is when it connects to a push mail system the speaker on the phone pulses with interference (not all the time though). I am presuming it is potentially a faulty phone?

i will try and record both.

my ipaq speaker is good, the m3100 is very poor. there is a big difference, and as you know, ive had multiple m3100's