Not picking up Orange network signal

Guest travisb

Guest travisb

I replaced the facia on my C500 over the weekend, and have noticed that the phone now hardly picks up the orange network, either constantly searching or getting 1 bar then dying again. I've tried the sim in another handset, and full signal so I know it's not Orange's fault

Have I knackered the arial somehow, and if so, what are my options?

I've not had a good weekend gadget wise, my M2000 screen packed up too :)

Guest jimbouk
I replaced the facia on my C500 over the weekend, and have noticed that the phone now hardly picks up the orange network, either constantly searching or getting 1 bar then dying again. I've tried the sim in another handset, and full signal so I know it's not Orange's fault

Have I knackered the arial somehow, and if so, what are my options?

I've not had a good weekend gadget wise, my M2000 screen packed up too :)

If you go into phone settings, you can search for available networks (it will currently be on auto so it latches onto orange by default). This will confirm if it can see any GSM networks.

Guest travisb
If you go into phone settings, you can search for available networks (it will currently be on auto so it latches onto orange by default). This will confirm if it can see any GSM networks.

As it's spending 99% of it's time searching and not finding (it is on auto) anything, I'm struggling. Occasionally it will list all networks, but if I select Orange, it just goes back to searching mode again.

Weird, as it worked ok before I changed the case.

Guest The Doctor
As it's spending 99% of it's time searching and not finding (it is on auto) anything, I'm struggling. Occasionally it will list all networks, but if I select Orange, it just goes back to searching mode again.

Weird, as it worked ok before I changed the case.

Did you take the metal ariel out of the ariel cover of your old case?

Phil

Guest travisb
Did you take the metal ariel out of the ariel cover of your old case?

Phil

Is this located in the top black section that surrounds the camera lens?

Guest travisb
So you got both devices back from the brink Travisb? Good stuff ;)

Yes thank god, but I'll never be employed as a phone repairer will I :)

Edited by travisb

Guest The Doctor
Yes thank god, but I'll never be employed as a phone repairer will I :)

thats my hobby ;) and ipods :D but yeah i noticed the ariel covers don't come with the actual ariel so you have to take it out of the one cover and then put it into the other cover then melt the plastic pegs down with a hot spoon to hold it in place. or at least thats my method :(

phil