How to use MyTools...

Guest ziron

Guest Syvwlch

Actually, I believe the issue is that this app is only available for ARM-based smartphone 2002, not OMAP like our good old SPVs...

Check the developper's site, with the original set-up files : they clearly state ARM CPU!

http://www.micro-cheng.com/products/mytoolsp.html

Perhaps we should petition the lad for an OMAP executable?

Or am I putting my foot in my mouth? Has anyone tried an ARM executable on an SPV? Is it instant crash 'n burn? or just buggy behaviour?

Guest spacemonkey

The problem with MyTools, is that it was built against the emulator, not a real phone, and quite possibly against one of the BETA releases of the SDK/Emulator.

It's main fault (you can't use it enough to find others) is that it doesn't trap the Voice Record button press, my quess is that the method it's using for trapping the button press worked with the BETA of Smartphone OS, but something Microsoft changed since then has stopped it picking up.

Yes, Paul is right, all our SPV's are ARM based and I would think it likely in the current market that any M$ smartphones you see in the next few years will be ARM based as well.

Anyways mytools does work (a bit) how else do you supose their is a supicious looking clock in the top right when you change menus from the home screen? But yes thats the only bit that does seem to work, the menu dosnt ;)

DJ Hope