Guest SkUk21

i have the same issue - have you noticed that when you call your line 2 number, you lose reception for around 3/4 seconds??????

any solutions?

Yes, I did notice that after trying to call Line2 number the reception goes totally, for several seconds actually. Strange. Also of interest... after upgrading my sim to a new 3G one my calls out started to go from line 1. After I asked OCS to reinitialize my old sim they now go from Line2 again. (the way I prefer it)

• 1 month later...
Guest crystal_clear
Yes, I did notice that after trying to call Line2 number the reception goes totally, for several seconds actually. Strange. Also of interest... after upgrading my sim to a new 3G one my calls out started to go from line 1. After I asked OCS to reinitialize my old sim they now go from Line2 again. (the way I prefer it)

the problem is still very much there, and it would be nice if orange could actually take a lead with this, i have been on to customer relations (correspondence dept) and stated the way orange has turned its back on line 2 holders, and they havent even replied to the letter 1 month now.

It would also appear - orange are unofficially planning to drop the line 2 function totally, although no fixed date has been mentioned or set.

Surely someone with a handset that has programming knowledge must be able to overcome this problem and sort out oranges affairs for them.

Please someone out there take the lead, and solve the prolem orange uk is unwilling too.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I managed to get around the application lock using with set registry key 'HKLM\Security\Policies\Policies' valuename '00001001' to dword:1

and then soft-rest using software not with stylus.

I am pretty sure all SmartTweaker does is implement this reg hack

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Phone Action: Alter DWORD Value: MultiLine Capabilities from default value to 1

You should be able to switch lines by holding down the # key. This did not work for me but your mileage may vary. This will probably work better on a smart phone rather a PPC as it does not have a normal hardware phone pad.