Using Video Calling on M3100

Guest nickb23

Guest nickb23

Hi all,

just got my m3100 today, and seem pretty happy with it. I also tried the 3g video calling, which I had mixed response. anyway these are the probs I had. I also made sure it was all setup with orange, and made sure my friend was setup too.

I call my friend, and he picks up. I then get Orange video answer phone video come up.

I call my friend, and all I get is a failed video call window, with the option to text etc

I call my friend, and I can see him, but I cannot see me in the little window - neither can my friend - video terrible quality

I call my friend, and he picks up. both video windows are black, and the call disconnects (neither of us)

My friend calls me, and I answer the call. Again call disconnects. On his phone (Orange Sony K800 - the 3mp one) it comes up saying video call failed.

We both have good reception - I have 4 bars with 3G next to it - not too sure

Am I doing something wrong, or is video calling this bad??

thanks all

Nick B

Guest jimbouk
I call my friend, and he picks up. I then get Orange video answer phone video come up.

I call my friend, and all I get is a failed video call window, with the option to text etc

I call my friend, and I can see him, but I cannot see me in the little window - neither can my friend - video terrible quality

I call my friend, and he picks up. both video windows are black, and the call disconnects (neither of us)

My friend calls me, and I answer the call. Again call disconnects. On his phone (Orange Sony K800 - the 3mp one) it comes up saying video call failed.

We both have good reception - I have 4 bars with 3G next to it - not too sure

Am I doing something wrong, or is video calling this bad??

thanks all

Nick B

Are you sure you both have good service? The only issues I have had are where the other caller doesn't have good enough 3g coverage.