Profiles for Data Connection Settings per provider?

Guest matho

Is there a way, perhaps through a 3rd party app, to set up different profiles on the my Hermes which will allow me to select different data connection 'profiles' for different providers? For example, if I have a Vodafone SIM in, I'd like to tell the device to use Vodafone GPRS/3G settings and then if I swap to an Orange SIM I can then press a button to set it to use Orange settings instead. I realise I could do this by going through Connections > Settings etc, but a one-click solution would be rather nice!

That would be possible, yeah.

There's nothing that does that atm tho.

P

Hrmph... I'll need to continue with the rather tedious way that I'm doing it at the moment then!

Would it be as simple as someone writing an app that installs the relevant cab from the operators over the top of the last one used?

That would certainly work, I suppose... It would need the user to have the right CABs on the device, but if the app included those available and made them selectable as options it could work. Might make the size of the app a bit big, though... What would be good would be a Today plug-in with a couple of 'profiles' that the user could choose from. Simply click on the 'Orange' profile to set your device to use Orange data settings...

It seems that quite a few people are getting M3100's, but also getting T-Mobile WnW contracts for data, so I'm sure there would be quite a few people, me included, that would be willing to make a 'donation' to the developer of such an app!

Guest Paul (MVP)
so I'm sure there would be quite a few people, me included, that would be willing to make a 'donation' to the developer of such an app!

Now i'm interested :)

Could probably rustle it up in a day no probs... Plus benefit? ;)

P

Guest jimbouk
It seems that quite a few people are getting M3100's, but also getting T-Mobile WnW contracts for data, so I'm sure there would be quite a few people, me included, that would be willing to make a 'donation' to the developer of such an app!

Be even cooler if you could avoid all the hassle of having to switch the physical sim too ...

Now i'm interested :)

Could probably rustle it up in a day no probs... Plus benefit? ;)

P

Nice one, Paul - happy to be beta tester for it! :D

Be even cooler if you could avoid all the hassle of having to switch the physical sim too ...

Yes, that would be ideal! I see there are quite a few people asking for a working Line2 solution, but even that wouldn't help in this instance!

Guest deadphill

OMG I think I have started dribbiling in anticipation.

I have been after this kind of app pretty much since I managed to unlock my old spv200!

If anyone could do this I think this would be almost, if not better than the WM5storage app!

I await in anticipation! If this does come out rest assured it is the final step I need to take to become a plus member!

Thanks

Phill

I await in anticipation! If this does come out rest assured it is the final step I need to take to become a plus member!

Me too, especially with all the new software that has been added for Plus members recently!

Just wondering if you've been doing any work on this one, Paul (or anyone else!)?

Another thing to add to the wish list would be the ability to change Voicemail number when changing 'SIM profile', eg Orange voicemail is 123 and Vodafone is 121/242. Not too much of a hassle at the moment, but thought it would be a nice addition to what could be a very handy app!

Guest deadphill

Hi

Just wondering if there was any news on this yet? Are you at work on it Paul?

If so hows it coming along!

Waiting in anticipation........

Phill