MDA Vario II on T-Mobile UK - it's official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]It's official - the MDA Vario II will, nay IS available on T-Mobile UK!

CoolSmartphone have the managed to get their hands on a copy of the T-Mobile UK press release around the MDA Vario II - see below!

We've managed to get our hands on the official UK website shots of the device. The looks are sure to be controversial - although I bet it looks great in the flesh - and it seems as though we WON'T be getting multiple colour options, unlike T-Mobile Germany (from the Press Release: The MDA Vario II is available in a limited edition red, silver and black casing, exclusive to T-Mobile).

Form an orderly queue now :)

P

[/teaser]

First to Market: T-Mobile launches MDA Vario II with mobile broadband

T-Mobile UK customers first to reap benefits of HSDPA on a mobile device

Key features of the MDA Vario II:

- Mobile broadband on your phone - HSDPA technology four times faster than 3G

- Web’n’Walk™ device - Internet on the move

- Microsoft

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'll reserve judgement until I use one.

For me as someone who doesn't make a lot of calls, it's probably a nice twist on the regular HERM100 layout as it makes Start / OK much more accessible. It might make the green / red keys tricky to press, although judging from the picture they could be slightly raised.

We'll see :)

P

What do you make of the button layout?

Yuk, and yuk to the lack of colour options too. The only thing I can say is, I hope this acts as more of a levering tool whilst calling O retentions!

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Yuk, and yuk to the lack of colour options too. The only thing I can say is, I hope this acts as more of a levering tool whilst calling O retentions!

not on the website yet... did i miss the launch date?

Guest nevawlkalone
*Limited Edition* red, silver, black eh? Then surely there will be an unlimited black or silver version?

Thats what i was thinking...

The orange colour scheme is Waaaaaaay sexier than this one, so now im torn....a decent looking phone and a low amount of internet usage or that erm monstrosity and inte4rnet and great deals.....argh why do you torment us...lol

Guest sameerabedi

Anyone know the contact details for T-Mobile CS?? I want to ring and c what deals they have on offer, then try and negotiate with Orange retentions!

Guest ripnet

I just phoned T-Mobile UK, and they say its still "coming soon".

On another note, how are T-Mob gonna make a profit if they answer the customer services helpline this quickly? Orange have mastered the hold-dropcall thing, which must be saving them a fortune in customer service reps :)

T-Mob answered quickly - just like Orange used to a year or so ago... i think im gonna like T-Mob

Also they said that if I want web'n'walk pro, I can phone up and order the phone and still get the 500 free texts if I just say the tarif I want (wnw pro) is not available online ;)

Now to refresh the t-mob homepage to see if its appeared

refresh...refresh...refresh... no :D

g

Guest MARKUKCOUK
I just phoned T-Mobile UK, and they say its still "coming soon".

On another note, how are T-Mob gonna make a profit if they answer the customer services helpline this quickly? Orange have mastered the hold-dropcall thing, which must be saving them a fortune in customer service reps :)

T-Mob answered quickly - just like Orange used to a year or so ago... i think im gonna like T-Mob

Also they said that if I want web'n'walk pro, I can phone up and order the phone and still get the 500 free texts if I just say the tarif I want (wnw pro) is not available online ;)

Now to refresh the t-mob homepage to see if its appeared

refresh...refresh...refresh... no :D

g

itll be available tomorrow i think (16th)

Guest ripnet
itll be available tomorrow i think (16th)

cool :) ;) :D

Anyone know if stock is likely to be sufficient... is it gonna be like Glastonbury that you have to ring up within 8 hours of launch, or are there plenty of 'em (i know this is the hottest thing for WM fans, but not sure how many of us there are )

g

Guest The Doctor
Ugly as hell!

Now lets see if anyones brave enough to repaint one :(

:) well seeing as i have painted EVERY smartphone i've ever had i may do just that! ;) Either that or buy a M3100 housing from fluffcat1 via the wonders of ebay :P

My current project is a WHITE MoDaCo Qtek 8310 HERE :D

Either way that red/purple colour is not staying on MY device :D

Phil

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.