MDA Vario II on T-Mobile UK - it's official!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
sounds as if T have the better handset support, best data deals BUT ugliest looking handsets ...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

Guest The Doctor
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder...

So true :) maybe this new phone will give me an excuse to drink more? ;)

always the option replacing the current housing with a m3100 housing tho should you feel up to it :D

Phil

Guest The Doctor
i struggled too for those numbers

me too, gave up and went to the tmob shop when i next got chance lol, its on the back of all their receipts but burried deep within their website....

phil

Guest peekie

The reference was in general pondrew , going on the vario style model t mob were very late with the update all over europe , first was imate then orange ( for the m3000 ) then a couple of months later tmob vario update , seeing as we all have the same models in the uk and europe ( m3100 and vario 2 ) it was on that.

The so called exclusive to uk colours for the vario are also available in europe . as far as tmob here know there will only be that model , the reference to 3 colours was that the phone has 3 colours that is exclusive to ALL t mobile countrys.

As for web and walk i wonder how many of you know that t mobile monitor ALL your internet useage , big pink brother is watching you :)

Guest Syphon Filter
As for web and walk i wonder how many of you know that t mobile monitor ALL your internet useage , big pink brother is watching you :)

I think it is nothing to worry about. As long as you dont abuse the system you will be fine.

Guest Confucious
As for web and walk i wonder how many of you know that t mobile monitor ALL your internet useage , big pink brother is watching you :D

He he = they must have fun looking at mine :) ;) :(

Guest cherylmeek
So it's 7.50 a month for WnW which is limited to just browsing and 10.00 a month for WnW Pro which allows modem usage?

I thought you ADDED the

Guest Confucious
God Damn, it's finally gonna happen !! SWEET !! :)

Ok, just to clarify .... WnW Standard will allow me to use Orb, right ??

Er NO! Orb is streaming which is specifically banned.

Guest nevawlkalone
If the keyboard is faulty I would be getting an Orange Care/Warranty replacement prior to upgrading. Nice shiny new C550 to leave in a box and look at occasionally........

Its a PAYG phone....with o2 sim card no OC deal im afraid...

Edited by nevawlkalone

Guest Pondrew
The reference was in general pondrew , going on the vario style model t mob were very late with the update all over europe , first was imate then orange ( for the m3000 ) then a couple of months later tmob vario update , seeing as we all have the same models in the uk and europe ( m3100 and vario 2 ) it was on that.

The so called exclusive to uk colours for the vario are also available in europe . as far as tmob here know there will only be that model , the reference to 3 colours was that the phone has 3 colours that is exclusive to ALL t mobile countrys.

The UK was lucky then as the Vario received two updates here. Strange...

Guest FlangeArtist

I think that this topic title is misleading. Yes we have a press release statement, but until it's on the Web, then it's not "Official".

So, can we get it changed to something like 'almost official' :-)

Guest FlangeArtist

The various official names, such as Wizard, TyTn, etc confuse me (and I am sure others). I know the device as "MDA Vario 2" or "SPV3100". Can someone confirm to me what forum the Vario 2 would be 'hosted' in? Or, is there a place where I can see all official device names against launch names and the forum it is in?

just got off the from TCS and they said that the handset was in 'testing' and could be on sale this afternoon or tomorrow... at the very latest we are talking about Monday!!!

I think its bye bye O!!

Guest cpetzny
just got off the from TCS and they said that the handset was in 'testing' and could be on sale this afternoon or tomorrow... at the very latest we are talking about Monday!!!

I think its bye bye O!!

Confirmed, I was told it was in final testing and would be in stock tomorrow...

Guest Snoopstah

And I just called and was told it was in testing and should be out tomorrow or Monday. But then I was told it would be out yesterday when I phoned on Monday this week.

As long as I get it before the bank holiday weekend I'm happy - I've got a week off work, and a new gadget would be very nice :)

well... even if I get it tomorrow... It'll still take them 5 days to transfer my number from o which is a real pain in the proverbial...

but hey.. thats life

Guest pd.ryder
Confirmed, I was told it was in final testing and would be in stock tomorrow...
Wouldn't 'final testing' have been done sometime before they ordered a warehouse full? I can't imagine there's a geek in a white coat prodding and poking a sample Vario II before signing a document to release them all for sale? If they found a fault, would he insist they were all returned from whence they came? Noooo - they'd release 'em then work on an update to fix 'em.

So why 'final testing'? It's gobbldey-b*llocks that is, surely :) ;)

Guest jimbouk
well... even if I get it tomorrow... It'll still take them 5 days to transfer my number from o which is a real pain in the proverbial...

but hey.. thats life

Unlock it with Florin's doohickey (if necessary) and use the O sim in it for the few days? If T's are locked (and I imagine they are) the unlocking will be necessary when you either change networks again or flog the device on ebay - and will thus be worth the

Guest nstead
And I just called and was told it was in testing and should be out tomorrow or Monday. But then I was told it would be out yesterday when I phoned on Monday this week.

...and I've just been told it will be Monday at the earliest.

Guest Fleabag

What you need to understand, is that T-Mobile staff are NOT told when the handset is going to be released (other than the month in which it will be released). The official line is, to tell the customer to keep trying. This is why every time any of you call, you are being told to call back in 'x' days, or on 'y' day. I realise few of you will believe me, and continue to waste your time calling CS - but you're not going to get an accurate answer this way. I am a lot more clued up than your average CS bod so please take my word for it. :)

As far as the unlocking code is concerned, you cannot apply for it until the handset is physically in your posession - and secondly there is a 28 day turnaround on them (if you plan on going legit and paying for it).

I just rang the Cardiff store out of interest to see what info they were giving. I got through to a girl who told me it would be released in October or November, in Quarter 3. Now can anyone else spot the mistake? What a blatant retard.

Edited by Fleabag

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.