Post your bugs/issues here

Guest benzo

Guest rickwookie
Are you sure they are completely closed? Check in settings, system, memory, running programs - a lot don't close properly.

Or on my Vario II just hit the 'Running Programs' button and click 'Stop All' :D

When you say 'a lot don't close properly' I assume you mean that most don't close at all, when you click the cross in the top right corner, they simply hide, or do you actually mean that they somehow aren't closed when they appear to be?

You must be talking about a wm2003 smartphone. WM5 tones: MP3 ringtones go in windows/rings (although any mp3 anywhere in your device can be rightclicked and selected as ringtone too). WAV Text/email etc tones go in the windows folders.

They work in Application Data\Sounds and My Documents too, try it.

The issue I have is why was a file deleted by the device. Does WM5 clear out the Application Data\Sounds folder periodically?

Edited by rickwookie

Guest Pondrew

Can anyone confirm Dade's hardware issue occurs on the Vario II?

Oh, and Encece, that's why I'm thinking I'll wait for the 3G HTC Pocket PC Phones to evolve a bit. A bit of improvement in integration between the processor and UTMS chip will do wonders for the battery life and should reduce the weight too. But guessing we'll need to wait a while before the new chips are implemented into HTC devices...

Oh, and Encece, that's why I'm thinking I'll wait for the 3G HTC Pocket PC Phones to evolve a bit. A bit of improvement in integration between the processor and UTMS chip will do wonders for the battery life and should reduce the weight too. But guessing we'll need to wait a while before the new chips are implemented into HTC devices...

Yeah, I've had this confirmed on the Vario II.

Guest nickcornaglia

Not to sound too "non-bleeding-edge" but I think I'll wait until 3G is fully implemented in my area before I upgrade again.

Guest Prosody

Just wanted to post about a problem my dad has been having with HSDPA on his Vario 2.

Changing DNS made the "Finding Page" alot quicker however the connection is still VERY unreliable and sometimes pages don't load at all.

One thing I noticed is that the HSDPA signal is constantly at around 2 bars and if left connected for a while you could pick it up and it'd go really quick, the speedtests say 1.1Mbps and it all looks good for about 10 minutes until it goes slow again.

Anyway what seemed to also be happening is that the phone could not make up its mind wether to use GPRS or HSDPA so I'm guessing the signal isn't great (I'm in Derby) or the ROM version isn't handling things very well.

For now we've found a setting in the network options to force the Vario 2 to always use GPRS and it's fast and responsive and reliable thus far. The HSPDA speeds would have been nice, for what my dad uses it for tho it's more than enough, I'm just hoping the HSDPA is sorted out by Feb when it comes time for me to upgrade from my MiniS.

So to summarise if you're having problems with the internet on your Vario 2 (T-Mobile) it may be worth cutting back to GPRS for the sheer reliability of it always being there when you need a page... if you have awesome HSDPA signal then I hate you... :D

Guest jimbouk

There isnt a user definable setting for HSDPA - its enabled in the registry. Depending on your device, it should already be enabled (unless its a Voda).

If you have 3g, then HSDPA should work - if the networks switched it on yet.

The signal strength is the standard phone signal display to the right of the 3G on the top bar.

Guest inspectorgadjet

I have the HTC TyTN version, and I have found that if I remove the storage card and then put it back, I have to reset my TyTN for the card to be recognised again. That's a pain because I install my apps to the storage card, and I prefer to use a card reader to copy files onto the card as ActiveSync is too slow.

Guest kevlar

Bugs I've encountered so far that I can remember;

Camera - I've had the bugs listed in a post above, ie, take photo and get grey photo instead of actuall photo, also camera app closing when taking photo then remaining running preventing me from starting the camera again. I'm wondering if its a storage card issue, I have a 2 gig sandisc card and I'm wondering if it's not fast enough to write the data from the camera. I will test this later by slecting built in storage for saving photo's.

Phone not waking up - I've had this a few times, had to soft reset.

One thing that bugs me is if I start to edit a contact in portrait mode, then slide the keyboard out to enter numbers etc, frequently a lot of the fields are not there and sliding the scroll bar reveals nothing rather than the fields I want to edit. I hope I explained that sufficiently.

Oh, I should mention I have the orange version.

Edited by kevlar

Guest inspectorgadjet

Oh just another 'issue' that I have. The way the earphones are designed makes it difficult to take the stylus out if you have the earphones plugged in. It's not major, but I think HTC missed the boat with these new earphones.

I've had my Vairo 2 a week now and most of your bugs I have missed although it does get confused when keyboard is out and displays touch screen keyboard also.

Has anyone had problems with the keyboard as a whole not just the odd key but the whole thing? I have found that at times when you pull the keyboard out all keys do not respond.

Anyone any ideas how I can resolve this.

Thanks

I have been speaking to HTC about the joypad bug and they acknowledge it as an issue.

They said that they will get back to me once they have any news.

Guest magic_peanuts

Also have the not waking up issue on the M3100. This appears to be limited to the M3100, anyone else experiencing this?

Very annoying!

Guest travellingwithoutmoving
I have the same issue. Might be more of a software bug???

Onto another issue...

I also have a problem with the preinstalled 'Phone' application not wanting to close, it will minimise but never close. 'Magic Button' software really doesnt like it and always stuggles to close it.

Anyone had this problem? Or is the software not meant to close because it is never displayed in Running Programs.

Yeah, I have exactly the same issue on my M3100... Any idea's techno genii?

Also, the screen does flipflops occasionally suggesting the 'keyboard out' sensing is overly sensitive. Anyone seen this?

Edited by travellingwithoutmoving

Guest jimbouk

How do you know the phone app isnt closing if it doesn't show up in running programs?

I would guess that the phone app needs to keep running at all times, as the phone part of the device needs to be on at all time anyway?

How do you know the phone app isnt closing if it doesn't show up in running programs?

I would guess that the phone app needs to keep running at all times, as the phone part of the device needs to be on at all time anyway?

The issue I have (more precisely) is that I've got 'magic button' installed but whenever I close another app, it defaults to the phone rather than the today screen. I can try to force it closed, but it won't and goes through a shut contacts, shut phonepad cycle a few times before getting to the today screen. Any way to set phonepad to default 'minimised' and get magic button to ignore it.

I agree that intuitively it probably needs to be running to receive calls, but can someone confirm / deny this?

Guest randomelements

travellingwithoutmoving:

I had the same issue but setting Phone's MB option to "Don't show when inactive" seemed to do the trick.

Hope it helps,

Colin.

travellingwithoutmoving:

I had the same issue but setting Phone's MB option to "Don't show when inactive" seemed to do the trick.

Hope it helps,

Colin.

I-diddley-deal!

Thanks! :D

In WMP10 on WM2003SE(PPE) the library auto-includes everything into 'All Music' etc (or so it appears, I don't store music anywhere else).

In WMP10 on WM5 it looks like eveything is seperated out. If you check your Library pull down, Storage Card is not selected. I have to select this and then navigate through the 'All Music'/'Album by Genre' etc again. What the hells going on?

Guest jimbouk

So its back! The call history list is slowly but surely disappearing up the screen... Can't read the top entry now and the dialpad has definietly moved up a bit. Going to install last couple of apps and see if that fixes it.

Guest Stomski
Camera - I've had the bugs listed in a post above, ie, take photo and get grey photo instead of actuall photo, also camera app closing when taking photo then remaining running preventing me from starting the camera again. I'm wondering if its a storage card issue, I have a 2 gig sandisc card and I'm wondering if it's not fast enough to write the data from the camera. I will test this later by slecting built in storage for saving photo's.

Same with my v1605, except instead of a grey rectangle, I get all black.

Guest MPXtricky

When I first got my M3100 the stylus was a good fit. Yesterday it was almost impossible to put it back in but it went in eventually. Looking in the hole where it lives, I thought I could see some clear rubber that had worked loose? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this did not fall out but now the stylus is a loose fit. Anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I correct it?

Many thanks

Guest skinman_uk
When I first got my M3100 the stylus was a good fit. Yesterday it was almost impossible to put it back in but it went in eventually. Looking in the hole where it lives, I thought I could see some clear rubber that had worked loose? Anyway, I'm pretty sure this did not fall out but now the stylus is a loose fit. Anyone else had this problem? If so, how can I correct it?

Many thanks

Same happened to my M3100 last week, clear rubber washer thingy was virtually pulled out by stylus, rubber won't go back in now and the stylus is 'fairly' loose!

Think we're going to have to live with this one1

Guest niacin65
Muff and I have been playing more with the Orange M3100 today and have identified a bug in the hardware!

The bug that we have seen affects the Joypad on the SPV M3100. To put it simply, if you press and hold the joypad in any direction, then whilst the joypad is held down you press and hold ANY other key, once you release the joypad button the device 'thinks' that the joypad button is still being held down. Even changing direction quickly is not always recognised.

We believe that the problem is not limited to the Orange version of the HTC Hermes device. If anyone wants to confirm this or test it for themselves then do the following: Open the Start menu and start scrolling down using the joypad, as you see the selection bar moving downwards roll the joypad to the left or right and then roll it upwards. Do you notice that the scroll bar is still moving down?? Imagine that within games!!

EDIT: Confirmed on the HTC TyTN too!

Does NOT do this on my Dopod 838 Pro serial ht631 bought this week.

Guest jimbouk
Does NOT do this on my Dopod 838 Pro serial ht631 bought this week.

Nor on my 3100. Maybe you have your repeat delay and speed set weirdly in button settings...or a dodgy dpad.