M3100 forcing connection to ONE particular wifi network?

Guest finisterre

Guest finisterre

Hi,

Is there a way to say 'connect to this wireless network and ignore ALL others'? My M3100 is constantly connecting to others when mine becomes unavailable.

I'm a little disappointed that my M3100 has trouble connecting to my wifi network in the bedroom, when the laptop connects fine up there. Anything I can do to boost it's sensitivity?

Thanks.

Guest jimbouk

You can delete all other wifi access points and then uncheck the option to connect to any wlan.

You should also slide the slider in advanced wifi settings tab right over to left (max performance).

Mine reaches my Belkin Wireless G router (which is one corner of the house) throughout the house (ie to opposite corner of house and on both floors) and into the garden.

Guest finisterre
You can delete all other wifi access points and then uncheck the option to connect to any wlan.

You should also slide the slider in advanced wifi settings tab right over to left (max performance).

Mine reaches my Belkin Wireless G router (which is one corner of the house) throughout the house (ie to opposite corner of house and on both floors) and into the garden.

Thanks, but, I can only see the following settings:

All Available -lists lots of nets

Only Access points still lists several

Only computer-to-computer - still lists several

I want it to ignore all except the ONE specified. Can I do this?

I already have it set to Best Performance.

Guest jimbouk

Bizarre! I am sure there used to be a setting that selected whether you connected to "any available" or not! Maybe that was removed in one of the AKU updates (or maybe I am recalling a WM2003 se wifi setting)?