Got T-Mobile Vario II for FREE!

Guest rickwookie

Guest mountee
omg,

was going to go with t-mobile, but realised they had no 3g here.

hows this for a deal i got with orange for an upgrade (after trying around 8 different people in the cancellations dept):

spv m3100 handset FREE

500 mins x network

unlimited texts

magic number

unlimited data

Guest Dr Who
No offence, but I doubt it somehow.

Orange don't have the capacity to add such an unlimited data bundle to someones deal.

If I were you, I'd be contacting Orange tomorrow to get it confirmed and get a copy of it all in writing.

Unless they added the fabled Orange World Unlimited Bundle at a price of

Guest rickwookie
omg,

was going to go with t-mobile, but realised they had no 3g here.

hows this for a deal i got with orange for an upgrade (after trying around 8 different people in the cancellations dept):

spv m3100 handset FREE

500 mins x network

unlimited texts

magic number

unlimited data

Edited by rickwookie

Guest mountee

Orange retentions have come back with this offer which they are going to send me a letter to confirm BEFORE I take up and they are going to reserve me a (currently out of stock) M3100 should I accept the offer..

750mins

250txt

12m Free Insurance

Orange retentions have come back with this offer which they are going to send me a letter to confirm BEFORE I take up and they are going to reserve me a (currently out of stock) M3100 should I accept the offer..

750mins

250txt

12m Free Insurance

post-5056-1155751529_thumb.jpg

Guest JonnyO
Orange World unlimited Data to match T-mobile smile.gif for 7.50 extra a month, she comfirmed that it's not just off peak and does not expire, so the only catch I can see is that it's not allowed to be used as a modem for a laptop (which would be just 2.50) extra with T-Mobile....

Can I ask, did they offer you this, or did you in any way ask for it?

Guest hugekebab
Can I ask, did they offer you this, or did you in any way ask for it?

lol you have to ask ask ask ask ask.

i noticed previously that whoever you speak to in retentions says a different offer from the last one, so i rang orange once a day, bargained hard, kept saying i was going to t-mobile with their unlimited data package and got no no no no no no no no until today where a lady said she could do me that deal.

i went through the whole deal over and over trying to find a catch but she said it was a defo, the data is for the whole contract and is on and off peak which i hammered home around four five times.

the trick is for each thing they offer to sound skeptical and to hmm hmmm about it and then add another thing, right at the end i said "well t-mobiles contract is only 12 months hmmm hmm.....look ill tell you what, you give me free insurance too and its a deal."

lol afterwards i was thinking sh*t maybe i could have got more talktime hehe.

just to clarify i did spend about 2 grand with them over the last 18 months cus i was irresponsible with my minutes, so this did give me quote strong bargaining power.

swear to christ though its not bullshit and once i get it in print ill take a digi photo and post it.

UPDATE

just rang random person in orange, asked them if the deal was showing and asked em to read it back to me word for word (didnt tell them what the offer was, and its all there down to the unlimited data woohoo. mind you ill count my chickens when i get the phone :)

Edited by hugekebab

Guest Fleabag

I have the feeling you may have been led up the garden path. ALTHOUGH I don't deal with business, but I do deal with WNW.

The RRP of the V2 has been available for over a month, it's

Guest hugekebab
I have the feeling you may have been led up the garden path. ALTHOUGH I don't deal with business, but I do deal with WNW.

Guest rickwookie
BTW the T-Mobile guy did say the HSDPA isn't live until the middle of next month. Can anyone confirm that HSDPA is available now since I read that it was available from 1st August?

This is obviously gash! :)

Thought it seemed damn quick so I just did a speed test on adslguide using my T-Mobile datacard.

Downstream 1,040.1 Kbps

Upstream 358.6 Kbps

This is with 2 out of 7 bars on the signal strength. Yay for HSPDA.

Guest rickwookie

Guest demusss

Apologies for being slightly off topic but...

How long should it take for a PAC code to arrive?

I rung up Orange on Sunday evening and said I wanted to leave and asked for my PAC code. Haven't received anything yet.

Thanks

Guest mountee
Apologies for being slightly off topic but...

How long should it take for a PAC code to arrive?

I rung up Orange on Sunday evening and said I wanted to leave and asked for my PAC code. Haven't received anything yet.

Thanks

Hi, it took 8 days for the O PAC, but now I need T-Mobile to get some stock in and for everyone here to stop ordering them :)

Guest shadamehr
(Hugekebab) Look i rang orange back spoke to someone completely different who confirmed the bloody offer word for word, unlimited data, i was spending around 100 gbp a month with orange for a significant period, so this may explain why, im not an idiot though m8 i work for bt setting up 3g networks for t-mobile. look yeh it may turn out the girl made a mistake, however i have seen other people get the t-mob ww match.

what i didnt do was misunderstand.

So you got what Orange called "Unlimited Data".

And you believe this means Unlimited Data, right???

In the same way they gave you Unlimited Texts too, right??? with me so far...?

The same UNLIMITED texts that the T&C's clearly state if you read carefully, is capped at a fixed 3000 per month...?

Aha - you never knew that did you...

So if the Unlimited texts, as they call it, are NOT actually Unlimited, then why be surprised when you find (as other users are telling you), that the Unlimited Data, is er, well not actually UNLIMITED.

We don't for one second dispute what Orange have SAID...

Where this falls down, is what these terms, actually MEAN.

And the users posting on here are likely correct mate... you have been misled.... "UNLIMITED" is what Orange CALL it, not what you actually get.

HTH.

(Check the T&C's for Panther Unlimted texts, and see for yourself mate, or ring ANY Orange store and ask a Phone Trainer).

unlimited data is a limit of 2GB per month with a FUP which will kick in if your average over 6 months should peak at 4gb at any point if I remember correctly.....

that might be for T though... not sure at this hour

Guest Dr Who

Be fair Shadamehr, in the market we are used to 1Gb FUP or 2Gb FUP IS unlimited. Until W&W we were all paying around

Guest Dr Who
I dont think they picked on you and decided not to offer it. I just think it highlights the lack of training/communication within OCS on data products. They should either sort these things out or set up a dedicated data team.

All true, but I find it a bit galling. They would 'let' me upgrade my out of contract lower use handset to a higher cost Panther tariff with less minutes and add the data bundle, oh and charge me for the handset and they would upgrade my other handset for free, but because it is in month 7 of 12 they couldn't (wouldn't?) let me move to a more expensive Panther contract, thereby denying me access to the Orange World Unlimited bundle. No offer of adding the bundle to a non-Panther contract, as would seem to be the case with kebab, in fact no offers of any description. No effort made to keep me at all. So that has decided it. I'm going to TMob and I am going to lower my high spending contract to the lowest contract then pay up the contract.

Guest rickwookie

In the same way they gave you Unlimited Texts too, right??? with me so far...?

The same UNLIMITED texts that the T&C's clearly state if you read carefully, is capped at a fixed 3000 per month...?

Aha - you never knew that did you...

So if the Unlimited texts, as they call it, are NOT actually Unlimited, then why be surprised when you find (as other users are telling you), that the Unlimited Data, is er, well not actually UNLIMITED.

We don't for one second dispute what Orange have SAID...

Where this falls down, is what these terms, actually MEAN.

And the users posting on here are likely correct mate... you have been misled.... "UNLIMITED" is what Orange CALL it, not what you actually get.

HTH.

(Check the T&C's for Panther Unlimted texts, and see for yourself mate, or ring ANY Orange store and ask a Phone Trainer).

Go easy, if he has been 'misled' then it's unfair for people to suggest it's his mistake and he 'misunderstood'.

It seems all too easy for CSRs to secure deals based on offers that may not exist. IMHO there should be no contract until a copy of the T&Cs that fully corroborate what the CSR has offered has been sent out, signed by the customer, and a copy returned.

looks like the Select 750 tariff I was on before.

I've been doing some numbers... see attached. Looks like T on their 1 plan business tariff is a far better deal. I'm going to need to get the deal reconfirmed with orange now anyways. But having just gotten off the phone with T they don't think they'll have the handsets in till monday now :)

turns out these T figures were wrong!

The cost of a 1 plan on 1000 mins and 200 sms is

Guest jimbouk

So my 18 mnth Panther 55 at 1200 mins, 250 texts, free insurance, free voicemail, free your group (Mrs Jimbouk and I can call each other completely for free for up to 3000 mins per month) and one free magic number (the girlfriend!) plus Orange World Unlimited at

Guest rickwookie
free your group (Mrs Jimbouk and I can call each other completely for free for up to 3000 mins per month) and one free magic number (the girlfriend!)

A Mrs and a girlfriend...

...how continental! :)