Push mail (AGAIN) dont Goolink the M3100

Guest bronksy

Guest bronksy

Ok..

DONT USE GOODLINK that fasthosts offer. I tried it and it wont work on the M3100, and even worse you can't uninstall it.. you need to hard reset.

Also.. Smartner have FINALLY released the PPC and SP 2005 clients for their quite good Alwaysonmail service.

I've used it quite reliably on a few different hansets and seems to be quite ok..

www.alwaysonmail.com i think!

Thanks buddy, that'll save me a hard reset then! :)

I've emailed Fasthosts and Good and they are supposed to get back to me when either they enable Direct Push (by installing SP2 - they said it should be before year end) or when Good release a client that works on the Hermes.

So hows this solution work with Fasthosts then - all pretty much straightforward?

Cheers

Lee

Guest bronksy

Well I'd forget about Fasthosts coming up with the goods sometime soon. They are arguing about giving me a refund on a product that doesn't work, saying that my device wasn't listed so it was my fault for installing it..

They seem cagy about SP2, I would forget it for a while and if it happens it will be a nice bonus. I think they're going to loose lots of customers because of this..

Regards to Always on mail.. This is a separate service that installs another inbox on your device. Their server pulls emails from your server and then pushes them to you. Generally I've found this to be ok. You can set your pocket pc to delete of server etc.

Sometimes is goes down (like all good women should) but generally its fine. Its about 50 quid a year. I think also that they use some sort of compression so you're data is as minimal as it can be.

I literally got an email from them yesterday telling me their new clients were now available. Their site was down the day before so I assume they were updating it.

It won't sync your calendar etc (there is a coprorate version that does) but if it's your email you're after then go for a trial.

I think I'm just going to go for the T-Mobile option and make the phone permanently sync with exchange server - after all web n walk pro can handle that no problem! It just means its not instantanious when mail comes in but I'm not really that bothered about it being a minute or two or whatever late.

Fasthosts are a nightmare thats for sure, but on T-Mob I could put up with this for a few months in the hope that they install SP2 eventually.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pandemonium
I think I'm just going to go for the T-Mobile option and make the phone permanently sync with exchange server - after all web n walk pro can handle that no problem! It just means its not instantanious when mail comes in but I'm not really that bothered about it being a minute or two or whatever late.

Fasthosts are a nightmare thats for sure, but on T-Mob I could put up with this for a few months in the hope that they install SP2 eventually.

I'm very glad I read this thread as I was thinking of moving to Fasthosts from 1&1. 1&1's hosted Exchange service is working very well with push, but was thinking of moving to Fasthosts for cheaper hosting.