Lastname, Firstname (Don't like it!)

Guest bigdan

Guest bigdan

On all previous SPV's, when creating or editing contacts you had the "File As" option. Where you could choose whether to file as "Firstname Lastname" or "Lastname, Firstname".

This seems to have been removed on the M3100??

Ever since I edited a couple of my contacts, it has saved them "Lastname, Firstname" style and I can't see a way of changing it, can anyone help?

Guest proindigo
IIRC you could always change it on Smartphone, never on PPC.

I keep meaning to write a util to switch them round, but have never got round to it.

IIRC 'WebIS Toolbox' (http://www.webis.net/products_info.php?p_id=time&dir=wm) does it...

P

IS there a way to switch around the whole lot in outlook.... the thought of having to do 1000 contacts isn't appealing!

• 1 month later...
IIRC you could always change it on Smartphone, never on PPC.

I keep meaning to write a util to switch them round, but have never got round to it.

Hi, I wonder if you have any plans to write this little util? I don't use Outlook to sync my contacts and therefore have no way to change the order of the contacts list in my M3100 :(

I don't like the Lastname, Firstname default. It plays havoc with my Bob & Sue's Mother contacts :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest mattie01
Hi, I wonder if you have any plans to write this little util? I don't use Outlook to sync my contacts and therefore have no way to change the order of the contacts list in my M3100 :(

I don't like the Lastname, Firstname default. It plays havoc with my Bob & Sue's Mother contacts :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

there is away around this.

all you need to do is go into your contacts, click at the top where is shows the name of the contact.

this should bring up the menu with,

name:

picture:

job title

department:

next to name there is a drop down marker, if you click on this,

it shows

title:

first name:

last name:

if you enter the "whole name" into the first name, it will shows as "bob smith" rather then "smith, bob"

hope that helps...

if you enter the "whole name" into the first name, it will shows as "bob smith" rather then "smith, bob"

hope that helps...

Many thanks Mattie01, I have used this for a few, there are many mnay though! and I hoped there would be a quicker way. Also, any contacts sent from other phones (via BT or IR) are in the last/first again.

Thanks for the suggestion though.