XV6700 (Verizon HTC based phone) as in-car MP3 player?

Guest mugenakuma

Guest mugenakuma

I just returned my second Treo 700p (extremely glitchy, slow, and randomly crashed and erased data during document saving) for a pretty XV6700 (Verizon HTC based phone). I was using my Treo as an mp3 player in my truck with an iRiver RF FM transmitter with no problems.

Now with the XV6700 the FM transmitter will automatically just shut off after a minute or two. It would do this with the Treo ONLY if there was no audio coming from the phone but for some reason the transmitter is shutting down with the XV6700 even if the music is playing.

Has anyone successfuly used their XV6700 as an in car MP3 player with or without a FM transmitter? If so what brand?

Lastly I have purchased a box to directly wire my phone to my truck stereo (which uses the headphone jack (with an adapter) from the phone. Has anyone done this with any results?

Any info or help would be most appreciated.

Guest Laser_iCE

If its randomly shutting off, theres a good chance that there's not enough volume coming through, and if its too weak, it may see it as a sign to just shut off... Another thing too, are you using an adapter with it? Because if that's the case, then there is a good chance that you don't have the appropriate headphone adapter... I thought that there was only one and it should work for everything, but apparently some of the HTC jacks are different from conventional ones.

As for the box ... Back in the day, I remember using a cassette adapter that I would plug into my discman and pop the cassette drive into the tape player of our old car radio... I'm sure you can still pick these up at a Radio Shack or something.